Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 7 La Vuelta

A relatively flat day compared to whats been over the last few days, no huge percent's or long climbs

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

Looks like Cofidis fancy it today two in the break with a gap of 8.20

43 Maté (ESP, COF) +14:39
15 Houanard (FRA, ALM) +59:08
49 Fouchard (FRA, COF) +1:01:04
23 Cabello (ESP, ACG) +1:19:15

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

48 comments

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

oops, duplicated. intentionally weird . . ..

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

So I will ignore it and Chavenel is sacked ! I'll bring a real rider in instead to replace him . . . or am I being NAIVE ?
(Does anyone work out my cryptic clues?)

I get this one, but not your last so YOU'S KA TEL us now?  19

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Simon, i'm not totally down on him, just dont think (in my mind) that he's going to be as big as some if the reports about him say

I'm not against him in any way, just think he's a long way off being the big star that everyone seems to think he's going to become and with HTC folding i'll wait to see where he goes, it may be the making of him, but it could swing the other way

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Gkam i have scope to catch you in the vuelta, and with only 3 events, i believe, after the vuelta, u need to make a few more points on me before the vuelta finishes to catch me overall but its gonna be close, we should both finish about 100th overall unless either of us has a distaster

Touch wood, i'd be quite happy to make the top 100 out of the 5610 teams, ok some of them have not played all season, but quite alot have, about 3000 were around at the start of the game

It will be interesting if we continue on our almost opposite paths till the end of la vuelta to see who comes out on top and then only Cycliste de Montreal and two world champ events to make up any lost ground

Simon_MacMichael replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

with HTC folding i'll wait to see where he goes, it may be the making of him, but it could swing the other way

As mentioned above, he's already signed with Skil Shimano.

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

with HTC folding i'll wait to see where he goes, it may be the making of him, but it could swing the other way

As mentioned above, he's already signed with Skil Shimano.

Oh yeah i missed that, oppps

Well i'm not so sure thats going to help him much unless the get a Pro Team license because they only have a Continental dont they?

The way i see it 5 teams license expire this year Garmin, Katusha, Omega, Saxobank and Quickstep

Omega and Quickstep are going into one team, Saxo and Garmin should get another, but will Katusha?

So thats one free space, plus HTC gone thats another

This new Aussie green team "should" have one, does that just leave one place left?

archieboy replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

They have already been on the same team when they both rode for Thuringer Enegie Team, and it looks like Degenglob was the top man.

Gkam84 replied to archieboy | 12 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

They have already been on the same team when they both rode for Thuringer Enegie Team, and it looks like Degenglob was the top man.

I dont quite agree with that, so i looked it up

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%BCringer_Energie_Team

Pretty even 2007-2009 with Kittel having the better season in 2009

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
JAndrewHill wrote:

So I will ignore it and Chavenel is sacked ! I'll bring a real rider in instead to replace him . . . or am I being NAIVE ?
(Does anyone work out my cryptic clues?)

I get this one, but not your last so YOU'S KA TEL us now?  19

Yeh i get this too, i wouldnt for tomorrow but i would be tempted for sunday, but as it is the TT the day after and he would require a transfer to get him out i would be tempted to wait until after the rest day but i could quite easily see him in my team come wednesday

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i kinda get what you mean, but can you afford to wait as there is only going to be a select group who finish up the front tomorrow and Sunday??

He's less than a minute down and with alot of the others being leaders in the game he's a fine choice as an AR, so i have him and with him being only 16 the credits i have left will allow me to have Martin and Fab for the ITT or maybe even both Martins

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Gkam i have scope to catch you in the vuelta, and with only 3 events, i believe, after the vuelta, u need to make a few more points on me before the vuelta finishes to catch me overall but its gonna be close, we should both finish about 100th overall unless either of us has a distaster

Touch wood, i'd be quite happy to make the top 100 out of the 5610 teams, ok some of them have not played all season, but quite alot have, about 3000 were around at the start of the game

It will be interesting if we continue on our almost opposite paths till the end of la vuelta to see who comes out on top and then only Cycliste de Montreal and two world champ events to make up any lost ground

yup hopefully, yh think it may have been as high as 3600 that have competed for most of the season, but as bad a start i have had in the vuelta scoring just 3 the other day im still 400 and something

Yup it will although im heading more towards your style of team now, although wiggins will stay purely for monday, i now have one DS that you have (the obvious choice) and my other transfer did well on a simlar finsih to 2morrow the other day. But while you have mollema im expecting cobo to continue to come good over the next week.

Im sure there is a sky rider in the cycliste that most people will pick along with an OPL rider (or should do as i expect him to top 3 behind the OPL rider) so cant see too much scoring differences in that, however the worlds will be interesting especially if it gets blown apart and i could see more than a 50 point difference if people dont get lucky with picks

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The other martin is a woeful TTist (from what i can remember) so i wouldnt but im likely to go for martin and fuglsang for the TT depending on what happens 2morrow and sunday

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Joaquim RODRIGUEZ
Manuel QUINZIATO
Bauke MOLLEMA
Daniel MARTIN
Mikel NIEVE ITURALDE
Jan BAKELANDTS
Pablo LASTRAS GARCIA
Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ
Konstantin SIVTSOV

Thats tomorrows team  4

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

you will probably beat me

Wiggins
Bennati
Cobo
Sagan
Fuglsang
Gasparotto
Capecchi
Poels
Moreno

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Interesting discourse GK and Ter. Some stats perchance.

Kittel
Stats
Victories in the database: 44
Classification – Road – General Classification: 2
Road – Criterium: 1
Road – Stage: 20
Road – European Championship: 1
Road – Individual Time Trial: 8
Road – National Championship: 1
Road – National Time Trial Championship: 4
Road – Team Time Trial: 2
Road – Prologue: 2
Road - Race: 1
Road – World Time Trial Championship: 2

Victories by team/year:
2007: 2 victories
2008: 3 victories
2009: 5 victories
2010: 4 victories
2011: 13 victories

Degenkolb.

Stats
Victories in the database: 36
Track – National Championship: 3
Classification – Road – General Classification: 2
Road – Criterium: 3
Road – Stage: 19
Road – Individual Time Trial: 4
Road – National Championship: 1
Road – National Time Trial Championship: 1
Road – Team Time Trial: 1
Road - Race: 2

Victories by team/year:
2008: 4 victories
2009: 1 victory
2010: 10 victories
2011: 6 victories

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

both out of sight from me I think. My team now for what it is worth.

Joaquim RODRIGUEZ
Greg VAN AVERMAET
Bauke MOLLEMA
Maxime MONFORT
Mikel NIEVE ITURALDE
John DEGENKOLB
Marcel KITTEL
Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ
Konstantin SIVTSOV

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping that my transfer of Chavenal coupled with tommorrows transfer out of avertmaet for sutton will leave me enough for Nibali ready for the ITT. . . .. need to do some sums tonight, but who ends up with most points in Wiggo wins the ITT and ends up 10th in the GC whilst Nibali finishes say 7th in the ITT but 1st in the GC. . . . so im thinking Nibali

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

So today i am going with :
Joaquim RODRIGUEZ KAT 35.2 GC
Greg VAN AVERMAET BMC 22.9 PC
Bauke MOLLEMA RAB 18.0 KM
Jakob FUGLSANG LEO 31.0 AR
Mikel NIEVE ITURALDE EUS 16.0 AR
Fredrik KESSIAKOFF AST 9.0 DS
Steven KRUIJSWIJK RAB 12.9 DS
Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ KAT 8.4 DS
Wouter POELS VCD 12.1 DS