Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Britain- time for Rapha to be taken down a peg?

With the announcements of the big teams including guys like Thor, Voight, Klemme, Boom, Bos, Millar etc. what chance do the British teams have of even a stage win this year? I'd love to see Rapha finding out some hard lessons (no reason- I'm sure they're lovely) But what about Endura? It would be great to see them do well no? Are the local boys anywhere near challenging for this level of race? Thoughts welcome.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

James Warrener | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Charteau.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

These are the only teams with confirmed line up's so far i can find, But Hushovd is going to lead Garmin

Latest Tour of Britain line-ups

AN Post Sean Kelly
Gediminas Bagdonas (Ltu), Sam Bennett (Irl), Andrew Fenn (Gbr), Pieter Ghyllebert (Bel), Ronan McLaughlin (Irl), Mark McNally (Gbr)

Leopard-Trek
Will Clarke (Aus), Linus Gerdemann (Ger), Dominic Klemme (Ger), Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita), Martin Pedersen (Den), Jens Voigt (Ger)

Rabobank:
Lars Boom (Ned), Theo Bos (Ned), Rick Flens (Ned), Michael Matthews (Aus), Bram Tankink (Ned), Coen Vermeltfoort (Ned)

Europcar:
Yukiya Arashiro (Jpn), Franck Bouyer (Fra), Anthony Charteau (Fra), Damien Gaudin (Fra), Yohann Gene (Fra),Alexandre Pichot (Fra)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure on how strong a field the ToB is going to have, but they seemed able to hang with the big guys in the Surrey thing the other week that Cav won

Latest Comments