Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 5 La Vuelta

Difficult day for some ahead, no wonder Cav hopped off yesterday if he wasn't feeling great because between the heat and the rolling hills its going to make a few jump off i think

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

An attack has just started as i write, with 48km gone, 25 riders are off in a break with 42 seconds, cant see that being allowed to stay out long

Winner today to come from Rabobank...........i hope  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

fatcyclist, I hope you're right. Because I've opted for Degenkolb.

I don't know how others are faring but I've had some really big transfers to do ever since I completely stuffed myself by gearing my team entirely for the TTT. I wish that I had just taken a chance on the TTT and not changed my riders at all. Oh well, its getting more like I want it now.

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've gone with my game plan Talansky out Sivstov in.
and on form Moreno in.

If he wasn't in red I would have put in Chavanel, because ordinarily this is made for him.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Moreno and Montfort in, Sivtsov and Le Mevel out for the moment. It's a flat finish, but I think a break will get away on the climb. Possibly Kruisjwijk or Sagan in the break, but Sagan broke away today so maybe not.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i went for some fairly safe points over the next few days

IN:Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ OUT:Ian STANNARD
IN:Joaquim RODRIGUEZ OUT:Bradley WIGGINS

I started with a team who "should" have done well in the TTT with 2 sky, 2 HTC then spread my bets with the rest looking towards stages 2,3 and 4 made a couple of transfers last night and it didn't lose or make me any points

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, that sounds pretty similar to my strategy. I bought a team that in theory on paper should have done well in the TTT. However, the best laid plans of mice and men, I did complete and utter shite.

I have spent the past few days trying to mould my team back into winning shape. Anyhow, I'm currently 91st and that is a hell of a lot better at this stage than I was doing in the Tour or the Giro.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Never speak to soon, i was 60th overall yesterday and 40th the day before now 200ish  20

thefatcyclist replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

fatcyclist, I hope you're right. Because I've opted for Degenkolb.

I don't know how others are faring but I've had some really big transfers to do ever since I completely stuffed myself by gearing my team entirely for the TTT. I wish that I had just taken a chance on the TTT and not changed my riders at all. Oh well, its getting more like I want it now.

Oops!  4

Pages

Latest Comments