Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 4 La Vuelta

So we're into some mountains today

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

A break over the first climb has 5 mins

Rohregger, de Kort, Bagot, Bonnafond, Vorganov, Busche, Toribio

None of my guys this time, but thats ok cause a break aint going to stay away today, all the big guns will be going for it up the last climb trying to shake some of the "might be" GC guys out the back i think

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

Wig_Billy replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

13 points :''(. Would've been an awful lot worse without Geniez.

Oops, forgot about my two Rabobank riders. Up to 25 points now, almost respectable...  7

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

mm 33 pts not too bad

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, That;s it. The brits are not doing it. Cav is out.
Wig can't accelerate/sprint. So Wiggins is sacked.

Along with my other Sky rider.

Instead I've gone for a Very Devious But capital gamble (crytic clue there) instead.

But Rodriguez will win tomorrow unless he thinks he might be peaking too soon.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think Wiggo did what was needed today, remember its a 3 week tour and this is day 4, the same goes for J-Rod, i doubt he'll go off and thrash the field tomorrow, far to early to show your hand and have everyone else work you over, thats why his team mate went off and won

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

I agree with GKam about Wiggo, at this stage it's just about staying with the other contenders. In other news, with my abysmal score I dropped about 4-500 places  2

the_mikey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've abandoned following this race, I've not seen any of the tv coverage, and I can't be bothered to trawl through the figures on road.cc, I think I'll go out on my bike instead...

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just back-checking on the Baza > Sierra Nevada points scoring & there seems to be quite a few discrepancies with how the stage actually finished.
Is it an error or have I misread the rules?

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's a problem with the Vuelta fluffchucker - the points the race puts up on its website as the official scores straight after the stage, often change overnight. It's the only one of the grand tours that does this on a regular basis - don't know why, but last year was the same too. Because of this we did issue a warning after stage 2 that scores will have to be regarded as provisional until the next day… it's a right pain.

Oli Pendrey replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi fluffchucker, I've just done the morning check on the scoring and it seems the only change from last nights provisional scores is that Sutton and Moreno have swapped places in the overall points classification. Was that what you spotted?

fluffchucker replied to Oli Pendrey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I noticed that Sutton/Moreno placings. When I checked the points against the finish placings, seems I hadn't taken account of points gained on the stage  9

Pages

Latest Comments