Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 4 La Vuelta

So we're into some mountains today

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

A break over the first climb has 5 mins

Rohregger, de Kort, Bagot, Bonnafond, Vorganov, Busche, Toribio

None of my guys this time, but thats ok cause a break aint going to stay away today, all the big guns will be going for it up the last climb trying to shake some of the "might be" GC guys out the back i think

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's a problem with the Vuelta fluffchucker - the points the race puts up on its website as the official scores straight after the stage, often change overnight. It's the only one of the grand tours that does this on a regular basis - don't know why, but last year was the same too. Because of this we did issue a warning after stage 2 that scores will have to be regarded as provisional until the next day… it's a right pain.

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just back-checking on the Baza > Sierra Nevada points scoring & there seems to be quite a few discrepancies with how the stage actually finished.
Is it an error or have I misread the rules?

Oli Pendrey replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi fluffchucker, I've just done the morning check on the scoring and it seems the only change from last nights provisional scores is that Sutton and Moreno have swapped places in the overall points classification. Was that what you spotted?

fluffchucker replied to Oli Pendrey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I noticed that Sutton/Moreno placings. When I checked the points against the finish placings, seems I hadn't taken account of points gained on the stage  9

the_mikey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've abandoned following this race, I've not seen any of the tv coverage, and I can't be bothered to trawl through the figures on road.cc, I think I'll go out on my bike instead...

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

I agree with GKam about Wiggo, at this stage it's just about staying with the other contenders. In other news, with my abysmal score I dropped about 4-500 places  2

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think Wiggo did what was needed today, remember its a 3 week tour and this is day 4, the same goes for J-Rod, i doubt he'll go off and thrash the field tomorrow, far to early to show your hand and have everyone else work you over, thats why his team mate went off and won

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, That;s it. The brits are not doing it. Cav is out.
Wig can't accelerate/sprint. So Wiggins is sacked.

Along with my other Sky rider.

Instead I've gone for a Very Devious But capital gamble (crytic clue there) instead.

But Rodriguez will win tomorrow unless he thinks he might be peaking too soon.

0 likes

mm 33 pts not too bad

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hells. 7 Points :"( from Wiggo and Kruijswijk.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well thats my stay in pursuits over, was lying 7th, but i'm 66th overall, so decided to make some changes

IN:Manuel QUINZIATO OUT:Mark CAVENDISH
IN:Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL OUT:Stijn DEVOLDER

So my top tip for tomorrow is, Switch out someone and get Devolder in cause he might just break and win tomorrow, take all the jerseys and win the whole thing  19

mick809 | 12 years ago
0 likes

My wife and I watched the first two stages of the Vuelta on ITV4 and found the Aussie commentator absolutely awful and grossly irritating. We normally find Sean Kelly very trying as he manages to mangle the English language in a cruel manner, but from now on we'll be watching Eurosport. A shame really, because ITV4 do cover cycling, whilst the BBC absolutely ignore our great sport.

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

13 points :''(. Would've been an awful lot worse without Geniez.

Wig_Billy replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

13 points :''(. Would've been an awful lot worse without Geniez.

Oops, forgot about my two Rabobank riders. Up to 25 points now, almost respectable...  7

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 10 GC

1 Sy. Chavanel (QST) 13:19:09
2 D. Moreno (KAT) +43
3 Fuglsang (LEO) +49
4 Monfort (LEO) +49
5 Nibali (LIQ) +53
6 Sivtsov (THR) +58
7 Kessiakoff (AST) +59
8 Pardilla (MOV) +1:03
9 Bruseghin (MOV) +1:03
10 Seeldraeyers (QST) +1:04

My flags dont change  20

0 likes

it came from the skysports infostrada feed . . . copied and pasted - flags becames words

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Where did that come from written like that?  39

0 likes

Stage Result
1 [Spain] D. Moreno (KAT) 4:51:53
2 [Denmark] C. Sørensen (SBS) +2
3 [Ireland] Martin (GRM) +11
4 [Spain] Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) +11
5 [Poland] Niemiec (LAM) +11
6 [Uzbekistan] S. Lagutin (VCD) +11
7 [Belgium] Van den Broeck (OLO) +11
8 [Netherlands] W. Poels (VCD) +11
9 [Italy] Scarponi (LAM) +11
10 [Netherlands] Mollema (RAB) +11
11 [Belarus] Sivtsov (THR) +11
12 [Italy] Nibali (LIQ) +11
13 [Spain] Nieve (EUS) +11
14 [Slovenia] Brajkovic (RSH) +11
15 [Spain] Zubeldia (RSH) +11
16 [Russia] Menchov (GEO) +11
17 [Netherlands] Kruijswijk (RAB) +11
18 [Great Britain] Wiggins (SKY) +11
19 [Sweden] Kessiakoff (AST) +11
20 [Spain] L. Sánchez (RAB) +11

Sorry GKAM

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

So bad for me again, i wont even get 10 points

0 likes

yh bit the UCI dont normally say no, especially as we still dont know why he abandoned, but i think if he goes anywhere he will go to the classics in canada

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

But its not upto the tour, he's withdrawn, so UCI rules say he's signed up to La Vuelta so he cant race till its finished, so i hope he dont get into the ToB just because i dont like him much and want to see other riders winning  19

0 likes

It did say it would be likely that he would be allowed to go to the tob as the grand tours dont like to annoy riders and put them off coming back.

0 likes

doubtful, not seen there numbers

0 likes

Were Stannard or Degenkolb up at the front?  26

0 likes

well ive seen wiggo, cobo, nieve and machado in there so ive got men in that group for defo, not sure about taaramae, capecchi or breschel.

The ones not in for defo are bennati and kittel

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sky are hanging in

Lastras is slightly out the back, but he said yesterday, he'd work for the team today and then in the groupetto tomorrow  4

0 likes

the whole of my team is pretty cheap tbh, with wiggins gc, cobo one of cheapest climbers, nieve cheapest all rounder

0 likes

Has anyone seen SKY today? Where's the wig? (And I don't mean Rooney)

0 likes

Did anyone xfer in LASTRAS?

0 likes

and Van Avermaet is being dropped. . . . fancy that ! . . . good job he was cheap and i could then afford another transfer in. . . . MM

Pages

Latest Comments