Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 1 La Vuelta

Leopard Trek 16.30
Liquigas +4
HTC +9
Astana +10
Movistar +14
Quickstep +15
Skil Shimano +18
Omega Pharma +18
Garmin +25
Katusha +25
BMC +27
Euskatel +28
Saxo Bank +28
Radioshack +29
Rabobank +30
Lampre +32
Cofidis +33
Vacansoleil +39
AG2R +42
Sky +42
Geox +43
Andalucia +1.03

I've had a shocker  20

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

23 comments

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I must be getting the hang of this . . . bennati brought in the bacon and fuglsang gets me pts too. woo hoo.
Cav back tomorrow - maybe (not)  26

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

fugslang and Sagan in for me

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well thanks to losing my internet connection yesterday...my return for the stage was zero.....The sun might be shining on this sunday morning....but so not a happy bunny....But onwards and upwards.....internet connection permitting...grrrrrr

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

God its always the new ones who want to argue, Did you watch the Eneco?

Yes he's a TT guy, but a sprinter he aint, he was up against some sprinters like Farrar, Greipel even Galimzyanov but still couldn't keep pace, so when you throw in the likes of Cav, Pettachi, Freire plus BMC's own Quinziato then he's got no chance.

You can watch all the U23 you like, but when it comes down to it, he wasn't racing the big guys, so dont judge him on that, judge him on his pro tour races

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

DONT be sucked into this "Phinney is a sprinter b/s" he's no sprinter at all, he can finish high, but anyone that watched the Eneco will know he aint a sprinter

So tomorrow i'm hoping for a Cav win, with Gasparotto and Phinney up there somewhere

Also, No transfers on my team today  4

Tuarts replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

So what about those that watched Eneco AND ToC, U/23 WC and know of him from his U/23 races?

He's a TT with a sprint on him.

That said, here he will be likely leadout man to GVA.

0 likes

Having doubts now about transferring Phinney for Fuglsang.

. . . Phinney might be involved in the finish
. . . Sagan might have been a better bet instead of Fuglsang as PS might go for the sprint
. . . but yellow is yellow and my transfer was cowardly

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

29 here today, not so bad, but i dont know what went on with Sky, anyone know? I didn't see anything on Eurosport and no reports about it yet  39

Did you really take Cav out? Is the start of his stages tomorrow  19

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yep. Cavs sacked. . . . bet you can guess which sprinter i brought in.
On my team, you need to perform or you are out.

. . . oh, and i need to gamble a bit to catch up with the leaders . . . everyone is going to pick cav, so i only catch up if i pick someone else, and hope cav gets blocked or has a mechanical.  26

0 likes

16 4 me 2  26
Better get rid of Cav - he's nearly last. . . . but is he the lanterne rouge? . . . might bring him back in . . .oops too late

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

23, not terribly annoyed considering the weirdness of today.

0 likes

16....16 jings crivens and help ma boab  26

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

why did Tony Martin score only 2 points then when the rest of his team mates scored 8?

Gkam84 replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

why did Tony Martin score only 2 points then when the rest of his team mates scored 8?

Cause Dave knows something we dont? he's now with Garmin  19

He's muddled up Tony with Dan........let the mistakes begin  20

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sorry stewie that was my fault, i misread something elsewhere

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Simon, I thought that was the case but someone suggested otherwise upthread.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be some confusion about scoring going by comments above, so just to reinforce what it says in the rules for this stage: "team time Trial scoring. 10 points for each participating member of the first place team down to 1 point for each participating member of the 10th placed team."

In other words IT DOESN'T MATTER whether or not your rider finishes in the first 5 of their team. If they started, they got the same points as their team mates (assuming their team is one of the top 10 finishers).

The points for being a member of a team that finished in the top 10 are the ONLY POINTS awarded today.

Thanks.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Do we not get the team points if our rider dropped off?

Gkam84 replied to stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes
stewieatb wrote:

Do we not get the team points if our rider dropped off?

I hope not, will feck up alot more people, but i think you do  19

Cav came in 2.45 down  4  4  4

0 likes

under 30 for me I think. The point is that Leopard will now dominate for 2 more days. To gain points I will have to transfer the leaders in, that leaves me bare for stage 4.at least I have 25 points in hand

0 likes

Holy crap, so much for the Direceur sportive preview. " rsh, this course is perfect for us" HTC we hate it. Rbobank??? Sky F---
Plan in tatters as usual. I hate ttt prologues

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

33 points for me, providing all my mine were with there teams (although i think cav got dropped, so that could cost me)

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Me too  2

Latest Comments