Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

While we are waiting for the Sandy depart....When will cav abandon?

There isn't much for cavendish in this race. Will he abandon after stage 7 or the first rest day or stage 16?

Stage 16 gives him 19 days till the world champs.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wig Billy - a fair point. You're right. I guess I'm just being subjective!

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

anyone else not that impressed with Cav as a cyclist? his complete lack of ability in the mountains makes me feel that he can never be considered a great cyclist. If he hadn't come in with a bunch of others on the Tour de France, he would have been kicked out of the Tour, thus not being able to win the green jersey.

I agree, he is a great sprinter but is that really that impressive?

Wig_Billy replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

anyone else not that impressed with Cav as a cyclist? his complete lack of ability in the mountains makes me feel that he can never be considered a great cyclist. If he hadn't come in with a bunch of others on the Tour de France, he would have been kicked out of the Tour, thus not being able to win the green jersey.

I agree, he is a great sprinter but is that really that impressive?

But he IS a sprinter, why should he be judged on his climbing ability? Cancellara also missed the time-cut twice in the Tour, are you not impressed by him either?

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Distinct possibility, but he said he was too tired at the worlds last year.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

He'll be there till the end, he's trying to defend his green jersey from last year

Latest Comments