Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Packable Waterproofs

Hi

Can anyone recommend me a good packable waterproof, I have the aldi one at the mo and after 1 minute in rain the other week is was 100% soaked. Womens fit is preferable.

Thanks  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Bikeylikey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've got the Montane featherlite one, my wife's got the women's fit one. They're very packable and have worked well in heavy but short showers. We haven't been out in a sustained downpour, but I wouldn't expect it to stand up to all that much given the lightness and thinness. Good price as well, £42.50. It's here:
http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=23415&categoryI...

AdamML | 12 years ago
0 likes

Montane Velocity DT is always my recommendation when this question comes up. The RRP is a bit (ok a lot) steeper than the Featherlite stuff but it is a properly waterproof shell jacket and can often be had at a knock down price from online stores.

livb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys

Municipal Waste | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would strongly recommend something from the Montane range... I have one myself and it's usually good in fairly terrible weather for a good amount of time.

They start from £44.99 and any local bike shop worth visiting should be able to get one for you.

James Warrener | 12 years ago
0 likes

Have checked with the company and this is packable...

http://moremile.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=4070,4072&CAT_ID=4081&P_ID=...

Great price and runners I know say good quality.

TheHatter | 12 years ago
0 likes

DHB stuff from Wiggle is always pretty good value.
I have a commuter jacket from there that kept me dry today - not breathable but it has plenty of vents.

mrkeith119 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried just getting some re waterproofing treatment, Niikwax stuff is quite good, I use it every couple of weeks on my waterproof stuff in the winter, seems to keep them working

livb | 12 years ago
0 likes

anyone know any good ones slightly cheaper?

pudoz | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've found the Gore Bike wear Oxygen one really good. cut for road cycling very light and small pack sizeand stands up to a drenching. Can get a bit hot if you are riding really hard but the best compromise I've found.

Latest Comments