Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Cycling Budgets and Change in Rider Values

I've read that rider values can go up or down up to 6 points after a stage.

What happens if I'm right at budget (175 points) and one of my riders values goes up? Is my team suddenly invalid?

Or if I acquired him at a lower value, can I keep him on the team with no problem because I got him while he was at a lower value?

Just wondering, to see if I have to check on my budget every day of the game, and whether I'm notified, etc...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

okay, a bunch of stuff to note here:

1) rider values aren't changing this season. because we're concentrating on the individual competitions, and not so much the overall season, it's important that everyone that's playing feels that they're on level ground. changing rider values benefit/penalise players at the start of each tour relative to new players. so we scrapped them.

2) the team value is 150, not 175 - based on having to pick fewer categorised riders (4, not 5) and making it a bit tougher to get all the big guns in. not a big deal, just sayin'

3) if riders drop out, you'll have to transfer other riders in. that'll cost you a transfer. bad luck...

4) ...except you don't *have* to transfer them. if riders drop out, they'll still be in your team. you just won't get any points for them. it isn't possible to have a team of less than nine riders at any point during the game. Sometimes it's advantageous to have a cheap throwaway rider in your squad to make room for the big guns. There's no star riders worth under 10 credits this year though, and only four star rider places to fill, so i suspect it'll be a less used tactic.

manolo replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, Dave! Pretty thorough!  1

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

yup it may do, but for example in the giro after all the sprint stages and it was all mountains a sprinter called hans dekkers only cost 4 credits so people put him in to free up credits elsewhere so can be used tactically. or in your scenario if 3 exited on the same day but you have 2 transfers you are allowed to continue to compete

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Do'h  40
Seems a bit pointless having team members in a race that are not racing  7

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

when it says a team of 9, it means 9 people need to be in your team but they dont have to be racing, just a rider selected if you get me

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well my team that i had planned before the official start list had come out and is still the same without even knowing who was going to cost what has come in right on budget 175 credits and its going to be almost the same team right through, i might even hang out with the pursuits till the ITT

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Is it best to use the max. 175 credits to pick the team, or save some for team changes at each stage?

KirinChris replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's more a question of planning ahead, knowing that you only have two changes.

So if an individual TT is coming up then you might leave some space so that you can swap in a high-price rider like Cancellara.
However another way to do it is to have someone of the same or higher value in the same category, so it just becomes a straight swap. In the Tour for example Gilbert and Cancellara were both All Rounders and IIRC were similar prices so it was easy to interchange them.

fluffchucker replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that
If I am only allowed 2 changes, what happens if more than 2 drop out of the tour? Am I not allowed to fill those places to keep my team of 9 as I understand the rules stipulate?

manolo replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker wrote:

... If I am only allowed 2 changes, what happens if more than 2 drop out of the tour? Am I not allowed to fill those places to keep my team of 9 as I understand the rules stipulate?

Just wondering this same situation for the new game. Will one be able to substitute a rider if he leaves a grand tour - without (!) using a free transfer?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah if you take someone into your team at 15.0 and they go up to 15.2 then you have the extra .2 in your budget

But they cant go up or down 6 credits anymore after that was sorted out, they rarely get above .4 up or down

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

If one of your riders goes up or down in value there's no need to worry as your team value just goes up. So for instance if you pick say Uran who had a great tdef then his value goes up. But if he had crashed 2 stages from the end you could have changed him for someone of similar value and your team would be worth more.

When the next grand tour comes along your team value would be reset at 175 regardless what you were on previously.

Latest Comments