Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia

Right, questions....

where can I watch it, online is the only option as my freeview doesnt have eurosport.

Who will win todays team tt?

What stages, if any, will cav win?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Just got back from the Giro, here are a few photos that I managed to get. The fuss about the state of the roads seems quite over the top. Granted there were tram tracks on the circuit which before the stage I thought would cause a problem and yes they caused one crash. As for the cars on the circuit, these were primarily on wide roads and were clearly visible. Not perfect I know and I wondered why the authorities were leaving it so so late to barrier off the course and close roads.
Still, Im grateful that the riders did continue the stage as I would have been gutted if they had just stopped!

0 likes

cheers tony, I've just watched some highlights on rai...cobbled section looked tough. hope the rider involved in the crash recovers soon. milan is gearing up, looking out of the window all of the giro cars are gone and loads of people are donning pink. 27degrees at 1pm is forecast so its going to be a warm day for a fast, flat ride. predictions? I think that cav took it easy yesterday (judging by the group he went past us in) so he may want to go for it today. he hasn't won a sprint in the giro yet so perhaps he will try and work on that, petacchi is looking good though.

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

It was on the descent of the Culmine only about 60km in to the stage

0 likes

the freebies are planned for the crit stage in milan tomorrow...a liquigas jesters hat maybe?! staying in a hotel across the road from the giro organisers and barloworld. heard about the crash when I got to the hotel, how far from the end did the rider go over the edge? im sure I've been told but alas,my italian isn't so good.

girofan | 14 years ago
0 likes

Full Giro 2009 stage 4 video available by the next links (3 parts):

uploadbox.com/files/emFaRwzIZq
uploadbox.com/files/Q1MjLNacr6
uploadbox.com/files/6SpXZI0apw

Good quality

0 likes

Watching on Eurosport will keep an eye out for you… heh  26

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

did yer get any freebies of the pre race circus..? giro 2009 pasta possibly...

0 likes

in bergamo, leaders should be here in 30minutes or so. its packed, a great atmosphere. got a spot right on the barriers 300m from the line just before a crazy right hand turn.

0 likes

4 Did you just hear the italian (CONI) desicion re:valverde? I wonder how he will approach le tour now? I suggest he will just get scared and stay in spain.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

we've paid our £3.99 and i've brought in the spare laptop to be our telly  1

0 likes

Using www.justin.tv now, its a eurosport feed, Great stuff! Cav and Lance seem to be getting along famously.

0 likes

Just watched the highlights from yesterday, going to watch a bit of the formula 1 then back for stage 2.

miffed | 14 years ago
0 likes

I watched the giro today off the Rai link on cyclingfans, had the Eurosport commentry on as well. Worked a treat.

thebikeboy | 14 years ago
0 likes

justin.tv would also be worth checking out. It's like an aggregator of live streaming tv channels from around the world. Check out there sports channel.

0 likes

Cheers tony, id seen the eurosport one but being skint I fancied watching it for free! Cyclingfans it is, lets hope it works. By the way, is there an official giro site? Ive only found ones at steephill and gazetta

0 likes

Or you can watch it on the Eurosport Player for £3.99 for the month - you need to use Firefox or Explorer, and you need to have Windows Media Player.

It's probably worth a try on your iMac too Fringe.

0 likes

You can try looking here http://www.cyclingfans.com/

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

dont know (my iMac is too old for online viewing, but still looks classy and i also dont have eurosport)

dont know, some italian team i expect..

cav will win two stages but im not sure which ones yet..

Latest Comments