Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 1 TTT Scoring

I saw the scoring section is up for the Vuelta stages. How does the scoring work? When it says "Finish line: Points awarded on the line of a stage or day race. First across the line gets 20 points, down to 1 point for 20th position"

Does it mean for example that if Omega Pharma Lotto (OPL)wins the TTT, and Gilbert crosses the line first for Omega Pharma Lotto, he gets 10 points for OPL win plus 20 points for being first accross the line? For a total of 30 points? If Roelandts is 2nd for OPL, he gets 10 points for the OPL TTT win + 19 points for being 2nd accross the line, so, 29 points, etc.?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

The TDF TTT was only 'different' in that it included the GC, KM, PC etc. points. I believe the Tour TTT also originally had this mistake on the page, and it was rectified. So, as gkam says, it'll be scored like the Giro one.

manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks drheaton, Gkam!  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

It all depends on what Dave decides,

The Giro opening stage was scored

TTT stage: Team Time Trial scoring. 10 points for each participating member of the first place team down to 1 point for each participating member of the 10th placed team

http://road.cc/fantasy-cycling-2011?p=showstage&sid=8

But the TdF was different because it wasn't the opening stage

http://road.cc/fantasy-cycling-2011?p=showstage&sid=45

So i'd think with it being the opening stage it will be scored like the Giro, First team all get 10 (assuming they finish together) down to 1 point for 10th place

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's usually not the case and I'm sure when Dave gets back he'll change it, for the TTT in the Giro and TdF it was 10 points for each member of the winning team, 9 points per member of 2nd etc.

Latest Comments