Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thank you!

Just a big thank you to Dave and whoever else for doing the Fantasy Cycling league. We've had so much fun these past few months as a family doing our teams.

My son has really taken to it and yesterday was equal first highest daily score of 112 completely nobbling my 67. He's only eight! Yep proud dad  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Mal71 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sorry Dave, yes I did (on leave & didn't check email)& once again thanks for a great competition & keep up the good work.

Mal71 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well done scorekeeper, was a good fight all through the last couple of weeks & as you said very nerve-wracking. A good gamble getting Roland into your team for the run up to Alpe d'Huez. That transfer did cross my mind but went the more conservative route which ultimately was my downfall.
I'd like to think I'd pick up some sort runner up prize as it says in the prizes page "There will be runners up and spot prizes too." Although in the fantasy wrap up page that just come out doesn't say anything about a runners up prize http://road.cc/content/news/39596-fantasy-cycling-final-tour-de-france-s...

dave atkinson replied to Mal71 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Mal71 wrote:

I'd like to think I'd pick up some sort runner up prize as it says in the prizes page "There will be runners up and spot prizes too."

and you will - you should have an email from me?

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

What about 343 its a prime number and nice and symmetrical.  22

Well done to everybody its been nip and tuck down here in the doldrums I can tell you, I nearly got 100 points twice.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top work on the win, scorekeeper. I can't tell you the number of times I nearly picked Rolland then didn't. Actually, I can: three.

2 through to 10 get runner's up prizes...

scorekeeper | 12 years ago
0 likes

It was a nerve-wracking last week of the tour for me. Mighty Bulls and Redbone traded the top spot twice during the last six stages. Bulls went ahead by 2 points after stage 16 when they astutely picked up both Thor and EBH who ended up finishing in Gap 1st and 2nd respectively. The next day Bulls pulled away when Perez Moreno scored 33 points in the breakaway to Pinerolo. Down 35 points I was in trouble because I knew I had to take risks to make-up ground. Fortunately for me, I picked up Pierre Rolland just prior to his 35-point stage win on the Alpe d'Huez. This one move was basically the difference in the game as I ended up winning by a mere 37 points. Well played by all of the top contenders. I hope that there are some nice runner-up prizes. How many places score runner-up prizes anyway? I just went over the fine print in the rules and found out that I am no longer in the running for any additional grand prizes so best of luck to everyone in the Vuelta and the rest of the world tour season. By-the-way, a Redbone is a breed of hound dog.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

It is amazing there aren't more accidents. First time I ever saw the Tour live was a stage coming out of the Pyrenees, 1998 (Festina Tour, riders did a sit-down protest so they were late coming through, entire village tanked up by then).

After peloton went past, ex-girlfriend's mother stepped out in road to get a good view, which I suppose is a natural reaction (and cf Stage 1 crash this year) luckily I was looking the other way and saw the guy trying to get back on after a puncture or whatever who was hugging the kerb... yanked her out of the way just in time.

As for the mountains themselves... on the one hand, it just looks amazing when you see the lead rider going through the crowds on something like the Tourmalet, there is no other sport like it. On the other hand, yes, it's an accident waiting to happen, and one year, it will.

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's been great fun. However it's made the Tour mega stressful  1

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

yeh cheers Dave, you picked out the spot prizes for the last week yet?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Big thanks to simon for filling in for me on scores duty the last two days. And thanks to geraint for his tips too. Thanks to evans for stumping up some ace prizes, and sasha the server wizard for fixing the server when it went wonky. And thanks to you all for coming! Staying for the vuelta?

We've got big plans for next year... more fun for everyone!

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant. Late to it, but loved every minute so far.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Seconded, but the season isn't over yet !!!

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Many thanks Dave. It's been a lot of fun to play. even if I eventually came 93rd.....

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah thank you for providing this wonderful game.

Psyclyst | 12 years ago
0 likes

True true!  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just remember it isn't over yet, still got a few races and then the Vuelta to go  4

Latest Comments