Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 21 Champs-Élysées

Well Well, as the curtain comes down on another tour

How have you all done?
Who's your man for tomorrow?
Whats your greatest part of this years tour?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

haha unfortunate Gkam, a lowly 67 points from that stage  2 although there cant be many teams scoring too high, i reckon highest score today will be about 110

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Feck sake, should have left my team as was yesterday, Dave you want to reset it, the transfer system for my team fecked up  19 Cancellara came in 5th  14

0 likes

i wouldnt mind the break staying away and bak winning with roy 2nd

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice 1 Mr Roy  4

0 likes

so Roy gets me 9 points to make up fro yesterday.

Nooo problem for Cav  2

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

@scorekeeper looks a good team. Think you'll take it. Congrats if you do win! I tried to catch you and Bulls up but took risks and couldn't quite make it and blew up in the process! If I'd played safe I would probably be up there with you competing for the bike instead of dropping from 5th to 15th!!

If I hadn't messed up my transfers a couple of times that's exactly the team I would have.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

See i'm gonna take the oppisite approach for the Vuelta i think, I'm going to publish my team the day before each stage  19

That way, if anyone picks some of my riders, they will suffer crap scores aswell  14

scorekeeper | 12 years ago
0 likes

I always have a tough time knowing who to back during the race because you really don't know what riders the other teams selected during the transfer window. I wouldn't want other teams to know my line-up prior to the race but since this is the last stage and transfers are closed here is my stage 21 line-up:

Cadel EVANS BMC 39.3 GC
Mark CAVENDISH THR 38.0 PC
Rigoberto URAN URAN SKY 15.1 KM
Bernhard EISEL THR 16.0 AR
Thomas VOECKLER EUC 25.3 AR
Arnold JEANNESSON FDJ 3.0 DS
Pierre ROLLAND EUC 11.2 DS
Rein TAARAMAE COF 14.1 DS
Jelle VANENDERT OLO 8.3 DS

Only one sprinter (but a good one) and a lot of small points from GC, KOM, and White Jersey. I have 28 points on Bulls but we have seen bigger swings than that over the past few days so no lead is safe.

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

@londonplayer

it is essential to start well, catching up means taking risks and they usually don't work out. Won 6th stage and was 5th most of the time but took risks to catch up to 1st which didn't work out, so dropped to 15th.

Addictive doesn't even get close! I've already bookmarked the Vuelta site and am hoping my knowledge of Spanish and Spain will give me an edge. It'll certainly help me practise it in any case.

Well done to Dave for such a good game! This is the first time I've followed cycling since I was a teenager and that was only through a magazine. Started with the Giro and gradually got the hang of it. Now need to remember not to take too many risks if in contention at the end!

I hope the Vuelta is as good as the Tour though I expect it'll be a little less unpredictable and I'll have to watch it on Eurosport player which is a pain!

Let's hope Cav keeps the Green today, that's all I care about now.

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

100th. Have learnt a lot - even though I played last year - and I'm looking forward to the Vuelta.

I did shockingly badly in the first few stages. I only scored 43 on the first stage. ever since then, I've been playing catch-up.

It's very addictive though isn't it?

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

606 today overall 2nd time and most likely youngest competing (Where's the white jersey?!?!) pretty good tour
for the win: Amador with Jerome 2nd  44  44  44 actually I didn't put cav on my team cause he was WAY too obvious, I went for Griepel

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

4th overall,so not bad for a novice....
Cav to win tomorrow....though I think it will be a hectic finish and he might have to go wheel jumping...
Best tour ever I reckon....

Tour Heroes.....Tommy V...Johnny H...Pierre R

Disappointments....Eurosports useless commentators,Saxobank,Petacchi,tossers getting in the way on mountain stages disguising themselves as spectators and last but not least Wiggo falling off...

And finally congrats Mr.Evans...well deserved winner

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

How well ? - not bad considering its my first shot at this.

for tommoro - you cant look much further than Cav, 3 in a row and the green jersey to boot !

It has to be Voeckler - if half, nay all the football prima donnas tried half as much as this man ! Voeckler for overseas SPOTTY !

I have to add - my condolences to all in Norway and well done EBH for trying his best on an obviously sad day for him.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, i have to say now, i fecked up my values between the TT and tomorrow, so had to just take in some guys who might score in the inter sprint and HOPE Rojas wins  14  14

Cadel EVANS
Francisco José VENTOSO ALBERDI
Bauke MOLLEMA
José Ivan GUTIERREZ PALACIOS
Frank SCHLECK
Arnold JEANNESSON
Pierre ROLLAND
Rein TAARAMAE
Jelle VANENDERT

I'm just hoping the race leave Movistar and HTC to go fight out the inter, but no doubt Gilbert will try and get in there, but i think there is going to be a 9 vs 9 for the inter, well thats what i was to see AND some infighting and crashes  19  19

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

How well: Was doing OK but had a shocking bonk and finished in the grupetto. Will take some lessons into next race.  20

Man for tomorrow: Cav, Renshaw, 1-2, Engoulvent 3rd with Amador surprising everyone to take 4th.  13

Best part: Seeing Cadel in yellow today after such bad luck in the past although he'll probably fall off in the neutralised zone tomorrow and break both collar bones.  3

Worst Part: Being stuck on a boat with crap internet and no live TV.  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

How well - Less well than i expected
Man for tomorrow - Cav to come 2nd  19
Best part - Hoogerland finishing the tour after that crash and saluting over the line today

Worst part - not getting over to France because of court cause of some kn*bend car driver

Other worst part - having to admit that Evans has done well because i dont like him  20

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

How well....rubbish.
man for tomorrow. cav.
Best part, Voeckler, Hoogerland. Contador falling off lots.
The banter here even tho' you're all a bunch of sheep stealers and vagabonds.

Worst part..the ITV4 tour de adverts.

Latest Comments