Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

trek 1.1

Does anybody have any advice or reviews about the trek 1.1 as an entry level bike.If anyone knows of a different bike around the same price please leave a comment but im 13 so nothing to expensive.
Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

mancsi | 12 years ago
0 likes

My friend purchased a Trek 1.1 yesterday. I think its a very good bike, it was in Evans priced at £575 for this years model. We searched the internet and found it for £425 in 58cm and Evans priced matched it. Bargain for that price!

nick_rearden | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can't beat an entry level Trek but bear in mind that buying a bike is a bit like buying trousers. You might like the price, the colour, the style an' all but when it comes to the trying on, they just don't seem to feel as comfortable as another pair. Yes, try a couple of other comparable models if you can and all the above are good suggestions. You might well end up back with the Trek but at least you reassured yourself that it was the one you liked the best. And while you're about it, you may also feel a particular bond with one shop or another. That's important, also.

logic1980 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Im on a trek 1.2 and i find it more than does the job - im doing about 80 miles a week on it and have done over 2000 miles and so far (touch wood) all is well.

but iv been told the allez is a very simular ride but iv not riden it -

Best thing is to try them both and see which suits you best

Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes

Another positive nod for the Allez 16 here.

Also, if you were on a tighter budget the Carrera range at Halfords are excellent.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Entry level trek road bikes are always good value; i had a 1.2 for a long time. Specialized Allez 16 is worth looking at too, as is the Jamis ventura...

richardhards replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

I ride a Jamis Ventura race. Great bike! lovely carbon front and some in rear stays as well. Great value for money and a comfy ride! Real confidence boosting bike!

Latest Comments