Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

new cannondale caad10 2012?

Hello

I'm very tempted by one of the remaining 60cm caad10 105 bikes that seems to be left in the country. However I noticed that the announcement date for the current 2011 range of bikes was mid-August last year. Is this a regular date? How long after was there general availability of the caad10 bikes in shops?

many thanks
Gavin

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

zzgavin | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Austen,
That's good to hear, I've put a holding deposit down on one at On Your Bike in London (thanks though), they said that they've had a few come in, sell and have rarely managed to have one out on display

It's a bit more than I was planning on spending, but given the reviews the ultegra and dura ace versions get it seems the frame is amazing. Better wheels once I get it though the winter I think. Some zx ultremo tyres too, maybe in yellow or orange to give the black a bit of a lift =)

cheers Gavin

austen | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi Gavin

I got my 60cm CAAD 10 105 about ten days ago after waiting since the start of the year for them to actually turn up! I had pretty much given up hope and believe they're in quite short supply.

It is an awesome bike and I'm still unsure how it is both stiffer and more comfortable than my previous bike. They're also especially good value for money this year, so if you want one be quick.

If you're in the Bath/Bristol area you're welcome to try mine for size, plus I think Cadence may have a 60 in stock (although they've sold a few already).

Good choice!

zzgavin | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave,
I'd better go and grab that caad10 then, Cannondale seem to have the opposite approach to Specialized, the caad bikes seem hard to get hold of.
cheers Gavin

nick_rearden | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi Gavin, depending on all the usual caveats (it does fit you, right?) you should jump at it quick. They were in short supply all year and although a few 2012 bikes might well sneak in (60cm unlikely), it's unlikely the prices will be going down (not a chance, in fact) and neither the 105 components nor the frame are getting upgrades. There will be minor fettles to components and a different colour. Doubt you'll be sorry.

zzgavin replied to nick_rearden | 12 years ago
0 likes

thanks Nick,
I'll make sure I check the fit, found out that the caad8 58 was on the small side, but the 61 in the caad8 was sold, so the CAAD10 in a 61 became quite tempting.... especially after a bit more reading tonight. It really feels like a frame worth buying

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

the 2012 ranges are already finalised; we've seen some cannondale 2012 bikes already. Most bike manufacturers announce their next year's ranges by the end of the summer, if we don't go to the launch then the first time we generally see them in the flesh is the eurobike show at the start of september. You're unlikely to see them in the shops much before christmas though, and many don't land until the new year.

Latest Comments