Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 17 and we're off

There's a good break

Gerdemann
LL Sanchez
Di Gregorio
Faria Da Costa
EBH
Thomas
Casar
Hondo
TJ Van G
De Gendt

Now thats a break you want to be in

Hushovd and Roche trying to gap over to them

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

30 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Now i just am left wondering would he still have been the same if Wiggo hadn't crashed out or would sky have held him back?

9lives2 | 12 years ago
0 likes

20 I need more credit! I know who to choose but can't switch & swop to afford them  17

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Don't show me the season long table, I've already seen it dave A and Gkam.  14 God i'm crap at this tdf.

Gkam84 replied to thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Don't show me the season long table, I've already seen it dave A and Gkam.  14 God i'm crap at this tdf.

Awww diddums  19 I only caught 16 points over you today

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well just seen that I have moved into 3rd overall.  4

Might have to start keeping my predictions to myself now,this is suddenly starting to get quite serious....  39

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

38 Well I dumped EBH last night....How wrong was I...Never thought that he could do it 2 days running on stages like that....Chuffed though,one of the nicer guys....
Great stage and I cannot believe that the Schleckies caught Sammy and Contador on the run in....
Fireworks tomorrow....Tingling with anticipation....  38

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's going pretty well for me now. The last 5 stages I had at least one rider in the break and today Boasson Hagen won for me. Besides that I have the new Lanterne Rouge Sabatini.  4

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was just in the middle of writing "hope EBH chokes on his whale burger" when I realised I've got 2 Sky riders so extra 10 points. That'll take me just over 50 which is still pathetic but at least I still have hope.

Also Hagen Daz is a nice bloke and great rider so can't really stay mad, my own stupid fault for not putting him in, but like is he NOT BLOOOODDYY TIRED?????  14  20

Argy replied to Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

I was just in the middle of writing "hope EBH chokes on his whale burger" when I realised I've got 2 Sky riders so extra 10 points. That'll take me just over 50 which is still pathetic but at least I still have hope.

Also Hagen Daz is a nice bloke and great rider so can't really stay mad, my own stupid fault for not putting him in, but like is he NOT BLOOOODDYY TIRED?????  14  20

I agree, the guy is just unstoppable, I also thought he would be tired! but alas! awesome ride  41 , what a champion!  4

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Who else is currently feeling very smug because they brought in Fabio Sabatini yesterday as their cheap sprinter for the mountains?  4

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sabatini the new Lanterne Rouge!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, NOT high 5'in the break away today, because my riders came home like this

17,20,23,25,27,28,33,34 then my sprinter still to come in, but take away the 14 break away and 3 2nd break guys and what a score i could have had

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Must have scored another of those under 50 scores today. Still, no regrets - that last hill was way too exciting to bother with the points  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

WHAT A STAGE, had to shout that, great work by Contador going down hill and Sanchez hanging on his heels, well done to them, The Schlecks using each other to get back, great work and the Voeckler, twice almost off the bike after trying to take it to Contador on the way down, only lost about 15 seconds, FANTABULOS  4

I dont even care about my points today, just loving the stage

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

EBH and Norway win again, nice work 4th win for Norway  13 with only 2 riders

But i wish they would get back to the big guns going down the dodgy decent

Voeckler in the car park aswell  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

They weren't wrong about this descent, its shocking

Did anyone just see the guy go into the car park? nice bit of riding  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

My curse aint over, ok, i got rid of Tiralongo, but Ruben Perez is offski and i had him until a few stages back  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope. i've picked Evans because Andy looked like me going up the climb yesterday and anyone who looks like me in the pro peloton is only going one way, thats backwards

I wanted to pick Contador, but i think they will stay with each other, so more points picking Evans  4

Timbo13 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Andy suffered the curse of the Lactics. I brought him in yesterday, taking out Evan and Rojas Gil. Can't believe I still went up 5 places!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hope he gets dropped...............on his arse and retires from the race, that'll teach you all  19  19

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

If they haven't caught them by sestrieres then they're staying out, i reckon. some of them, at least. not amador, he'll crest the hills first then get dropped with a bit of luck, eh  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't worry about the break, they will be caught up the mountain

Thats the reason i have gone for guys who are scoring everyday even if its just a couple of points for their standing in the jersey's

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am NOT happy about that break!!!!!

Not even going to watch this stage!!!!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nah no Amador in my team, i only have guys in line for Jersey's and a dodgy sprinter

Cadel EVANS
Manuel QUINZIATO
Rigoberto URAN URAN
Frank SCHLECK
Thomas VOECKLER
Arnold JEANNESSON
Pierre ROLLAND
Rein TAARAMAE
Jelle VANENDERT

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Nah no Amador in my team, i only have guys in line for Jersey's and a dodgy sprinter

Cadel EVANS
Manuel QUINZIATO
Rigoberto URAN URAN
Frank SCHLECK
Thomas VOECKLER
Arnold JEANNESSON
Pierre ROLLAND
Rein TAARAMAE
Jelle VANENDERT

I take it you've picked Evans with a view to the Gkam curse coming into play  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

New break with over 2 mins gap

Ruben Perez
Mollema
Tjallingii
Fofonov
Muravyev
Amador
Paterski
EBH
Chavanel
Casar
El Fares
Bozic
Leukemans
Hivert

Thats a good size, but with Perez the 2 Rabo's and EBH, i think they have the best chance, not that a break is going to stick today

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boassan Hagen, Perez, Tjallingii, Fofonov, Muravyev, Amador, Paterski, Chavanel, El Fares, Casar, Bozic, Leukmans, Hivert and Mollema at 2:05

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tell me some of you went for Tiralongo  19  19

He's just jumped off the bike and outta the tour, how about that for maybe my luck changing as i took him out lastnight  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tell me some of you went for Tiralongo  19  19

He's just jumped off the bike and outta the tour, how about that for maybe my luck changing as i took him out lastnight  4

Just saw that myself. Thought you'd be happy. So much for the Gkam Jonah reputation.

I assume we've all got Amador. Hope he burns himself out on the climbs and ends up out the back of the peloton by the end. Some sprint/KoM points AND holding onto LR status would do me just fine.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Break now closed down and caught, riders playing yo-yo out the back aswell and this is before they even go up the hills

Latest Comments