Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 16

Just thought i'd start this early so someone dont go stealing my title this time  19  19

So whats your thoughts of the stage on Tuesday? I think a few guys may drop out tomorrow, mainly the sprinters who are doing nowt and not able to help their teams through the Alps

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

95 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit, i forgot they are dipping into Itie land  14

My god, he's gonna go and just do what ever other fecking rider has done to me this tour and get huge points the day after i take them out

I'm gonna make a list of points i lost the stage after i take them out at the end of the tour, i'm claiming the most "unlucky" transfer maker for the tour de france 2011 and want a trophy  4

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

@Gkam have decided to stay loyal to Roy as I think he's the only FDJ rider left who can make the breaks and they seem determined to have someone out there. May live to regret it.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm keeping Roy as so far there hasn't been a french stage win (as far as I can remember) and I reckon today is the only real chance, Thursday and Friday and harder days so I'm plumping for a french breakaway win today.

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam you might have given us some warning!!! I would have put in Tiralongo if I'd known you were transferring him out!

I went for Thomas instead as I think he'll be celebrating his new contract and because he says that Sky wanted to get EBH in a break on this stage, but seen as they did that yesterday it'll likely be him this time!

Also hope Quinziato, another token Italian who's been in breaks gets up the road too.

Anyway my logic isn't always very sound as we've seen.  7

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Watch out for Kreuziger today.

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Andy SCHLECK
Jose Joaquin ROJAS GIL
Rigoberto URAN URAN
Philippe GILBERT
Thomas VOECKLER
Andrey AMADOR BAKKAZAKOVA
Mickael DELAGE
Arnold JEANNESSON
Jelle VANENDERT

That's my team for tomorrow.

Risking Frank's assured points with the chance of Gilbert going on a break.

Still got a transfer in hand but not enough balance to do either of the two transfers I might want ... Jeannesson for Roy OR Rojas for Thor.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think I'll go for:

Samuel SANCHEZ GONZALEZ
Cadel EVANS
Thomas VOECKLER
Frank SCHLECK
Rigoberto URAN URAN
Andy SCHLECK
Jelle VANENDERT
Mickael DELAGE
Sandy CASAR

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

hey, Casar and Sam Sanchez are both GC's. Your choice is impossible.  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i stayed with Tiralongo, mainly because i slept in this morning  14

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nah i say its a go'er its just drips and drabs where they are just now and only 66.6km left  19

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

come on thor, let this group stay away

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

If anyone has Hushovd then well done on your imminent 30points!

0 likes

well ive got thor, 7 points from the sprint there and should stay 4th in green jersey comp, so another 2 for that. lets hope he stays to the finish and gets in the top few  1

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right now I'm kicking myself because I really wanted to put in Devenyns but chickened out.  46

At least I have Roy!

If Thor wasn't in this group I'd be putting my money on Hesjay. Garmin certainly looking good with 2 very strong options.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i played with putting Roy in, but i couldn't just click the "confirm" because i still think Tiralongo can do something, but it will be the day after i take him out

I have no-one in the break, but as per usual there are guys in it who i have just transferred out, getting a bit fed up with them and think they can see my team and are screwing me over  19  19

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had to choose 2 out of Delage, Roy & Jeanneson. One of them is in the break, so no prizes for guessing which two I chose  22

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I knew Contador had it in him, i just didn't think it would be today, but it had to be the day i didn't have him  20

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ruddy Heck! That did NOT go according to the plan at all. Another low scoring stage... might drop another 100 places  2

0 likes

should be an alright stage for me, steady 31 points from hushovd

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'm having to rely on my "safe" GC points and thankfully all my young riders

Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Fantastic to see some proper attacking for once, rubbish for my team but awesome to watch. Up to Evans to wheelsuck his way through the Alps now but at least he was forced to attack today. I was surprised that Sammy wasn't the fastest down the hill though.

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Awesome stage. I have Hesjedal and Boasson Hagen in my team. Hesjedal deserved the stage win but I got more points with Hushovd winning.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm totally unsure now because the plan was to leave Andy Schleck in for today, get the GC then put Contador in and switch Jeannesson for Jelly

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good old jeremy roy. have a go, son.

Hesjedal ended up with more points than hushovd, cause he got a win bonus  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

51 points today, the same as Sunday, but with 7 scorer this time  20 I think i spread my bets to far this stage

0 likes

89 for me, Jeremy Roy did the do. Faria da Costa though, where was he?

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes, thankyou Jezza Roy, back up to 15th!  18

Has he done consecutive breaks in this tour?

0 likes

Better get your scoring shoes on, GK...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, what you playing at, i had over a 200 point cushion on you overall before the tour started  19

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

47 points. I got caught up in some kind of site crash at about 1030 last night, and couldn't make transfers. I sacrificed a transfer by transferring cav out, with the intention of putting in ignatytev and hushovd, singned on at work then got busy and missed the transfer deadline. C'est la vie.

Pages

Latest Comments