Home

Reckon a break by EBH or Hejesdal today. Hope so anyway as they're both in my team along with Contador, Zubeldia, Farrar, Riblon, Bertagnoli, Barredo, and Devenyns.  19

43 comments

dave atkinson [6201 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

i binned hesjedal after yesterday, so he's pretty much guaranteed to go up the road. if a group can make it over the top of the Aubisque with a couple of minutes then they should stay out really, it's downhill all the way from there.

Squiggle [403 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Steegmans is out so Jerome should be safe as FR today!

0 likes

Looks like Steegmans is out so Jerome should be safe as LR today!

Timbo13 [264 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

Looks like Steegmans is out so Jerome should be safe as LR today!

Steegmans has been riding with a left scaphoid fracture. Nasty.

Still, gives VJ a nice 7 minute cushion at the back.

Gkam84 [9080 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

My guaranteed winner today has not hit the break  2

Also Kloden has just jumped off the bike

0 likes

Not looking good for Bonnet right now. Could be left with some gaping holes in the DM sprinters come Sunday. What's todays time cut going to be anyone know?

0 likes

"Basel Brush" Lars Boom has jumped off today aswell

rbx [226 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

That looks like a really strong breakaway and as usual I have no one in it. Though doubt how many will stay in it on the Aubisque.

If they do stick along till the end, I'm looking at a total of some 20 odd points today from GC.  7

0 likes

Mofo i've just seen the names of the break and AGAIN, i just had transferred a couple of guys out  20

0 likes

Bollox! I'm not in the break either!  20

Stefan [60 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've got Roy in there! So I am hoping he is first over the Aubisque!

0 likes

Hmmm! It's a strong sprinters break with Hushovd and Petacchi although they are more or less out of the green jersey comp. Bak in there to diminish the intermediate points for Cav rivals. I've got Vanendaert today and he went for the first cat 3 climb so I assume he'll want max points on the Aubisque. Hoping that the sprinter types drop off after the intermediate and Vanendaert has a go to pick up higher HC points.  39

0 likes

Well my bet for today was Tiralongo just because this looks about the same profile as his Giro stage win, but he might still do it, thats why i didn't go with Fofonov and Gusev i'd just taken out cause Katusha have been shockingly quiet this year

0 likes

I guess Petacchi, Hushovd, EBH and Bak will drop back after the IS.

Roy could do win loads of points today but wonder how much he's got in his legs after y'day.

Pineau seems the guy in there who can last the distance. Anyone got him?

0 likes
rbx wrote:

I guess Petacchi, Hushovd, EBH and Bak will drop back after the IS.

Roy could do win loads of points today but wonder how much he's got in his legs after y'day.

Pineau seems the guy in there who can last the distance. Anyone got him?

Looks more like a launch pad for a Boassen Hagen stage win to me.  39

dave atkinson [6201 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

There's no way all of those guys in the break will stay out over the aubisque, surely?

I fancy that a couple of decent climbers could break from the main pack and still win this one. they only have 4 mins.

0 likes

No fighting for the IS points!

Seems like everyone's aiming to stay till the end. Half of them can climb better, other half can descend really well. Any bets... other than EBH for Squiggle?

0 likes

Cav greeting again cause movistar put 2 riders up for the points, moaning git  19 19

0 likes

Thor Bloomin' Hushovd eh! What a ride, wonder if Moncoutie will be patriotic and work with him if he gets up to him.

Here comes my man Vanendert now... better late than never but can't see him staying out until they catch the group in front.

Go on Jelle please save my day!!!!

0 likes

If Hushovd wins today, as seems likely, I'm picking Roy in my team for tomorrow. I'm sure he'll go again...

Only a win today can keep him quiet tomorrow  1

0 likes

F**K you Mollema  14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14

Does NOTHING all tour, so i took him out last night and he's gone off the front with Gilbert

TERatcliffe26 [4571 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

well i might even do worse than my 38 points i got yesterday, its all going downhill  2

0 likes

my lowest this tour is 47 on stage 10 but it'll be close to that today  20

0 likes

I beat you two in those stakes as well... started le tour with a 32 in the first stage  1

Though if Mollema & Gilbert can stick up front, I should get a few points today given both are in my team  4

0 likes

Right, outta the top 10 finishers i've had 5 of them in my team lately

If i score under 50 points today i think i'm just gonna give up on everything and press delete because its now spoiling rather than enhancing my viewing of the tour cause i'm shouting at the tv  31

TERatcliffe26 [4571 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

well it looks like im gonna score 30 points if im lucky, rojas only guy to score me anything

0 likes

Arrrrrgh! Such a hard stage to call bit I think I've just done a "Gesink" and bombed down the leaderboard!  20

Maybe I can pull a "Landis" tomorrow!  3

0 likes

Gilbert back in top 10 GC and garmin wearing yellow..................numbers tomorrow again

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

F**K you Mollema  14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14

Does NOTHING all tour, so i took him out last night and he's gone off the front with Gilbert

F**k Gilbert too! Vanendert obviously had team orders to slow down and give him finish points!  14

0 likes

Turned out I didn't have Gilbert in my team. Forgot I had swapped him for Frank yesterday  2

Need Vincent Jerome in LR to push my total above 50 today  22

Hope Dave didn't do too well today either, I was finally withing 5 points of him y'day... though have a feeling he had Thor in his team today.

... of course, chapeau to the god of thunder! Thought his defence of MJ was good, today he took it to another level  1

Best TdF in recent years?

Pages