Home

6 guys in the break

Ruben Perez
Lars Boom
Andriy Grivko
Mickael Delage
Tristan Valentin
Jimmy Engoulvent

Another 2 guys i was toiling with go off in the break  14

30 comments

Avatar
dave atkinson [6307 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

can't claim i was ever considering those guys...

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Perez and Grivko for me,

I had Perez in from the start but took him out on rest day

Grivko was one of the Astana riders i looked at when Vino went out, knowing one of them would be in a break away on stage 10 or 11, but i picked another one, he might break in the hills  19

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Delage & Boom for me.

In fact, have considered and 'not-picked' delage on two stages and he's made the break in both  7

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

Delage & Boom for me.

In fact, have considered and 'not-picked' delage on two stages and he's made the break in both  7

I hope he falls and skins his knee, just cause you have him  19

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Nope, don't have him. Considered him but didn't pick him, so he decided to spite me again by going on that break!

Right now just glad I didn't pick Gadret y'day ... would've wasted a transfer  26

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

True, but anyone watching yesterday should have known not to pick him, with Cav and others staying the last climb, he just died on it and went right out the back

Well i'm thinking the break might just stay away with everyone saving their legs for tomorrow, i kinda hope not as i took it Rojas and Hoogerland just for today

Then its time to bring back Dekkers in and get a top climbing AR from Luxembourg  26

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

From twitter

Quote:

Delage is about to count 500 km of total breakaways in the Tour. Ouch, that hurts. Hoogerland was at 452 km

Did anyone else hear about Michael Smith the ESPN guy? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/tour-de-france-car-c...

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

It could be a major dangerous finish, thunder and lightning and its raining upwards  4

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

From twitter

Quote:

Delage is about to count 500 km of total breakaways in the Tour. Ouch, that hurts. Hoogerland was at 452 km

Did anyone else hear about Michael Smith the ESPN guy? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/tour-de-france-car-c...

Just scanned his tweets. I'll be really nasty and be laughin out loud if his car happens to get shoved off a freeway by an 18-wheeler.

Actually, if bigger has the right of way according to all oil-addicts, why not everyone move to driving around in 18 wheelers? Driving / riding else is just asking for 'it'.  7

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4717 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

should not have taken out gali  2

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I think i might have just made up some decent points today, shame Rojas aint in the top ten GC overall  4

Avatar
drheaton [3323 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Annoyingly I took Rojas out for Hinault but still have Bonnet and Galimzyanov so can't complain too much, average day before we hit the bumpy stuff.

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Spent an hour y'day contemplating whether to bring in Cav for Rojas. Had a strong feeling that he'd win today after that loss to Greipel, with Green jersey close and mountains coming up.

Instead, decided to stay with Rojas. That's about 10 points down the drain?

I should start another team with all the people I wanted to but didn't pick. Contra-rbx shall beat rbx hands down!

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Well at least you got points for Rojas, i had a sprinter not even in the tour yesterday thinking it was going to be a break away winning

I'm just thinking, now Cav is in green, how many will stay with him or risk other riders for the wins  19

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Don't think I'll be bothering with Cav anymore till the last stage. Even then, only if he's still in Green.

Rojas may have disappointed but having Galim paid off some of that loss  4

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Yeah snap, I think Cav will lose the green, but there is a sprint stage before the final stage, so i think he'll get it back there

Avatar
drheaton [3323 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

There's another flat stage into montpellier early next week that'll be another sprint finish, even so I won't be keeping a decent sprinter in. My biggest dillema is Gilbert and whether he's going to try get some more points over the next two days or if he's now droppable given he's only guaranteed 3 points for 3rd in the Green Jersey.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Altho i dont have Gilbert, i wouldn't write him off for staying a decent distance up the mountains and also getting back in green, its between him and rojas for that, but Gilbert has been saying he thinks he can win the whole tour  19 19

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I know about the Montpellier stage, but don't think I'll be bringing Cav back in for it.

Bigger concern for me too is Gilbert. Guess I'll see his form over the first two days and then decide whether to swap him out or stick on. Just that his huge cost is a big concern  39

Avatar
Wig_Billy [578 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I swapped Gilbert out for F. Schleck before todays stage, in preparation for the mountains. I was expecting to lose a few points on this stage but it seems Frank actually scored a couple more that Philippe today.  16

Avatar
THE SILENT ASSASSIN [551 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

 9 Gilbert is living in cuckoo land....The big lumps are going to kill him with his efforts so far...I think that he will pinch the green jersey for a few days,but I see Cav taking it back before Paris....
If he wants to be a GC contender in future tours then he needs to chill a bit...Great to watch but I think he ought to stick to the classics and forget GC aspirations in the 3 big tours....Fantastic rider but he thinks he is Clarke Kent,AKA `Superman`.....

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

I swapped Gilbert out for F. Schleck before todays stage, in preparation for the mountains. I was expecting to lose a few points on this stage but it seems Frank actually scored a couple more that Philippe today.  16

I wouldn't bet on that

Schleck will only score 7 today for 4th in GC

Gilbert will score points for inter sprint, 9th in GC, 3rd in points

Avatar
Wig_Billy [578 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Wig_Billy wrote:

I swapped Gilbert out for F. Schleck before todays stage, in preparation for the mountains. I was expecting to lose a few points on this stage but it seems Frank actually scored a couple more that Philippe today.  16

I wouldn't bet on that

Schleck will only score 7 today for 4th in GC

Gilbert will score points for inter sprint, 9th in GC, 3rd in points

I'm pretty sure Gilbert was 11th in the inter-sprint, so no points.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

 9 Gilbert is living in cuckoo land....The big lumps are going to kill him with his efforts so far...I think that he will pinch the green jersey for a few days,but I see Cav taking it back before Paris....
If he wants to be a GC contender in future tours then he needs to chill a bit...Great to watch but I think he ought to stick to the classics and forget GC aspirations in the 3 big tours....Fantastic rider but he thinks he is Clarke Kent,AKA `Superman`.....

I love watching him, just like Hoogerland, but i think the problem is in the team he has round him, is if it was build for him gaining a decent GC standing, then i wouldn't put him past there being up there, but the team wasn't build for him to get anything really, it was for Van Den Broeck and maybe a bit of gripe all's sprints

Gilbert has mostly had to work for himself to get and keep the green which i think has knackered any chance to stick with the big guns in the mountains, but stranger things have happened

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I love watching Gilbert as well, specially his sprinting / attacking almost every time there's a hill at / close to the end.

Moving forward, while he may be able to keep up with & even beat the best GC contenders on cat 2/3/4 climbs, I doubt he has enough in him to take on them when there are multiple cat 1 & HC climbs every stage.

Also, thinking about his rumoured move to GC, wonder what the equation will be there with Cadel being their GC guy, Thor (also rumoured) vying for Green & sprints. Will Gilbert again be left to fighting his battles alone?

Avatar
drheaton [3323 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Rumour is that Gilbert will be moving to Quickstep next year so it'll be interesting how things change and what races he does, I'd have thought Quickstep will want him winning as many classics as possible so maybe he sees this as his last shot and lets be fair, what else will OLO do in the mountains if not ride for Gilbert?

Avatar
thefatcyclist [543 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Omega have 3 abandons, that looks bad for Gilbert's support in the mountains.

Avatar
rbx [226 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Need a clarification:

If I select a rider who's not in the race (greyed out) but someone from the same team as that rider wins the stage, do I still get the 5 bonus points?

Avatar
Gkam84 [9103 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

Need a clarification:

If I select a rider who's not in the race (greyed out) but someone from the same team as that rider wins the stage, do I still get the 5 bonus points?

NO the rider HAS to be in the race, cant have been in the race and withdrawn either

Avatar
Alan Tullett [1570 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Swapped Delage for Bonnet so pissed off when I got home at 3:45 but a bit happier at the end. Gali for Ruigh was a good swap as well. My head says: Don't think it's worth keeping Gilbert; but the last time I dumped him he won a stage! And who is the wild card? Charteau again or Izagirre or someone else from EUS?