Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Right......who do I bring in for stage 5? Not a clue.

I'm not getting more than 45 points a day, despite rigorously studying the stage profile. With Cav' as my sprinter, who do I draft in for tomorrow?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Galimzyanov is a good call although I've stuck with Hushovd over Rojas and snuck in another couple of sprinters. There are a couple of DS sprinters on Europcar like Arashiro who got 2 or 3 top 20 finishes last year.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dont give it away dave  3 i have Galimzyanov and Rojas

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Dont give it away dave  3 i have Galimzyanov and Rojas

Lets just list your team so you can stop edging away from me  19

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Or Gilbert if he's still going for the green jersey.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Galimzyanov might be worth a punt over the next few days too. He can sprint proper but he's down as a DS...

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I might be inclined to drop Cav and maybe go for a safe sprint option like JJ Rojas or even Hushovd who'll still get some good GC points. On stage 3 even the cheapy sprinters like Hinault and Bozic did well and with one if them instead of Cav you might even be able to afford Cadel Evans for a "guaranteed" 9 GC points.

It's all swings and roundabouts and if Cav gets the stage win plus some intermediate sprint points you'll be laughing and I'll wish I had him too.

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant, thanks. Will ponder further tonight.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah thats right, if you go for Jerome you will have to drop one of the other eurocar members

I have taken Miller in for one of my AR's but i dont know if that was smart, i'm banking on Cav not doing anything  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, with Voeckler and Quemeneur he'd have to drop one of them to pick up Jerome.

I'd be more tempted to ditch Hincapie as he'll do nothing for a few days and someone like David Millar would get a few GC points each day between now and maybe Saturday. Plus Millar may get bonus points if Farrar keeps going well.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right to me, that looks like a decent all round team

The only thing i would suggest if that was my team, Cut either Gerdemann or Taaramae for Vincent Jerome (last place = 10 points and should hold that for a few more days)

Then with either Hincapie or Voeckler i would switch them out for a better placed rider in the GC who can carry that through until further in the tour, Someone like Vino or Frank Schleck

From my calculation you should have around 7 credits left at the moment?

So cutting Taaramae for Jerome would free up another 10, so if you wanted you could switch Voeckler for Vino or Schleck, but thats just in my eyes, i would be looking past the next few stages because everything is going to stay pretty much the same in the GC because they will be sprints

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not too bad although after today I might be tempted to drop Gerdemann and Hincapie and replace them with either some cheap sprinters or lead out men.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

List your team at the moment, just copy and paste, show who you have and then i might be able to suggest some alternatives for you  26

obutterwick replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bradley WIGGINS    SKY 25.1 GC
Mark CAVENDISH    THR. 38.1 PC
Bauke MOLLEMA    RAB 17.9 KM
George HINCAPIE    BMC 16.0 AR
Thomas VOECKLER    EUC 25.1 AR
Linus GERDEMANN    LEO 14.0 DS
Perrig QUEMENEUR    EUC 3.1 DS
Rein TAARAMAE    COF 14.1 DS
Geraint THOMAS    SKY

Latest Comments