[eBay] Boardman Team Carbon (56cm)

by JonMack   July 3, 2011  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170663211024

I'm selling my Boardman Team Carbon road bike. It's a 2010 model in size Large (56cm). I've owned this bike since October 2009, it was used for commuting 16 miles a day for a month until I passed my driving test, it was then used as my winter training bike (riding twice a week indoors only) until March 2010 when I purchased my second Boardman. From then it was kept in storage until October 2010 when I once again started using it indoors until March of this year. Since then it has been in storage. It has only done around 400 outdoor miles, the rest of the time it has been ridden indoors only. This bike has always received great reviews from magazines and cycling websites, which is the primary reason why I bought it.

I am a very experienced cyclist and used to be a cycle mechanic, so all my bikes are kept in good working order and they are my pride and joy. My reason for sale is that I feel my other bike can be used for my winter training, so I've no need to keep this one. I hope to see this go to someone who is going to enjoy it and get some use out of it, unlike me.

Please note this bike comes without pedals, and has a full, non cut steerer, which will allow you to modify the handlebar height to fit you. I am 6ft tall and the bike fits me perfectly, it is suitable for someone around 5' 10" - 6' 2".

The specification is as follows

Frame: Ultralight unidirectional T700 carbon fibre monocoque
Forks: Ultralight carbon fibre monocoque
Stem: Ritchey Comp
Bars: Ritchey Comp
Seatpost: Ritchey Comp
Saddle: cboardman, Cro-Mo rails
Brakes: R580
Shifters: SRAM Rival 10 speed
Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival
Cassette: Shimano CS-5600 12-25t
Chain: Shimano CN-5600
Chainset: SRAM S350 compact 50x34t
BB: SRAM GXP
Wheels: Ritchey Pro 20h/24h, sealed hubs
Tyres: Continental Ultra Sport 700x23c

Claimed weight is around 18lbs (8.16kg) without pedals.

If you have any questions then please feel free to contact me. Preferred payment method is cash on collection, bank transfer, or as a last resort, PayPal. Please note if you're paying via PayPal I will ask that you pay the required 3.4% + 20p fees, this is to ensure I receive full payment for the item.

The item can be collected from Weston-super-Mare (BS22) any time after 8pm on a weekday, or any time on a weekend. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170663211024

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

45 minutes left.

All the gear and no idea!

posted by JonMack [171 posts]
8th July 2011 - 11:54

like this
Like (1)

Nice! Just a pointer - i think ebay frowns v heavily on sellers explicitly passing fees onto buyers. (of course, implicitly, that's exactly what happens - they just don't want you to talk about it)

PJ McNally's picture

posted by PJ McNally [579 posts]
8th July 2011 - 12:00

like this
Like (0)