Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 2

Thats the TTT underway

1. GARMIN 24.48 (5 men)
2. BMC 24.52 (7 men)
3. SKY 24.52 (5 men)
4. LEOPARD-TREK 24.53 (5 men)
5. HTC 24.53 (6 men)
6. RADIOSHACK 24.58 (7 men)
7. RABOBANK 25.00 (7 men)
8. SAXO BANK 25.16 (6 men)
9. ASTANA 25.20 (7 men)
10. OMEGA PHARMA 25.27 (7 men)
11. FDJ 25.34 (7 men)
12. EUROPCAR 25.38 (7 men)
13. AG2R 25.41 (8 men)
14. QUICK STEP 25.44 (6 men)
15. LIQUIGAS 25.45 (6 men)
16. SAUR-SOJASUN 25.50 (6 men)
17. LAMPRE 25.52 (5 men)
18. KATUSHA 25.52
19. MOVISTAR 25.57 (9 men)
20. VACANSOLEIL 26.03 (7 men)
21. COFIDIS 26.08 (8 men)
22. EUSKALTEL 26.10 (6 men)

I'll update times as they finish and reorder them, but no running commentary from me again, trying to encourage others to join in, so feel free, but i've got the times covered  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am feeling a little smug as i picked Velits as my highroad guy . . . whoopy doo

Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Going off the letour website it seems Dave Zabriskie dropped one second on Hushovd so the top 3 should have read: (1) 5 Garmin Riders. (2) Dave Zabrisike @ 1 sec. (3) 7 BMC riders @ 4sec.

Julian Dean would be another good example, broke himself over the first 8 km or so for the good of the team, without that effort he could most likely of stayed with them when they finished in 4th place. Compare and contrast to a plausible scenario for tomorrow: Bernie Eisel, anxious to make amends after spending the night being chased by Cav with a fondue fork, does his normal sterling effort hammering along at the front of the peloton and pulling off in the last few km to finish a couple of minutes down. The HTC train does its work well and Cav wins. Eisel gets 5 points for Cav's win.

I don't actually have any of the mentioned riders, I just think it's an interesting point worthy of disscusion.

Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not convinced that it's right not to award points to riders who are dropped in every case. For example Garmin used a couple of riders to drive on the pace really hard early on then having them drop off after 10 km where the fresher riders could take over, moreover, what about Zabriskie who died at the end with less than 100 m left. I don't know what time he got but I'd guess it was quicker than the Omega-Pharma team time. Obviously this was part of their strategy and without killing these riders they would probably have had a slower time overall.

OTOH Eisel clearly did nothing for HTC and by binning it most likely cost them the win, it's almost a certainty that someone as strong as him would have saved them 6 seconds over 25 km.

Then what about Spartacus? He came bloody close to winning a TTT by himself. For sure he should get all Frank Schleck's points as Schleck did the square root of f all.

Ok so that last paragraph was a bit tongue in cheek but it's definitely true that some teams owe their finish position to riders who weren't in the first group over the line.

Argy replied to Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes
Swirly wrote:

I'm not convinced that it's right not to award points to riders who are dropped in every case. For example Garmin used a couple of riders to drive on the pace really hard early on then having them drop off after 10 km where the fresher riders could take over, moreover, what about Zabriskie who died at the end with less than 100 m left. I don't know what time he got but I'd guess it was quicker than the Omega-Pharma team time. Obviously this was part of their strategy and without killing these riders they would probably have had a slower time overall.

OTOH Eisel clearly did nothing for HTC and by binning it most likely cost them the win, it's almost a certainty that someone as strong as him would have saved them 6 seconds over 25 km.

Then what about Spartacus? He came bloody close to winning a TTT by himself. For sure he should get all Frank Schleck's points as Schleck did the square root of f all.

Ok so that last paragraph was a bit tongue in cheek but it's definitely true that some teams owe their finish position to riders who weren't in the first group over the line.

Swirly, great post! you cracked me up!  24  24  24

Wig_Billy replied to Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes
Swirly wrote:

As long as the dropped riders finish within the time limit they DO get points for the final position of the team.

Swirly replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

As long as the dropped riders finish within the time limit they DO get points for the final position of the team.

You're right, I'm completely mis-remembering what happened in the Giro TTT.

Apparently Frank Schleck swallowed a bee, having once done this with a wasp I also retract my previous statement about him. Chapeau to him to stick on the back of a fast train after that.

Still Bernie Eisel didn't really deserve any points did he...

Gkam84 replied to Swirly | 12 years ago
0 likes
Swirly wrote:

Still Bernie Eisel didn't really deserve any points did he...

Just for the comedy value then i say yes, but i would have loved to see him put Cav in the barriers  19

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cool, I had a look on le tour website but they're yet to post the individual stage standings.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had it as Thor

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know who crossed the line first for Garmin? It's 10 extra points for that right?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 10 overall

Hushovd
Miller
Evans 1 sec
Thomas 4 sec
Gerdemann 4 sec
F Schleck 4 sec
Cancellara 4 sec
Hagen 4 sec
Quinziato 4 sec
A Schleck 4 sec

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

All my "2nd" men for the teams seem to have been dropped apart from HTC, who are sitting in 4th with BMC looking good to beat them and Omega dying

Argy replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

All my "2nd" men for the teams seem to have been dropped apart from HTC, who are sitting in 4th with BMC looking good to beat them and Omega dying

Come on Thor!  41  21

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boost, Bernie Eisel down on 1st corner, i know a few people have him in their team cause they couldn't afford Tony Martin  19

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Boost, Bernie Eisel down on 1st corner, i know a few people have him in their team cause they couldn't afford Tony Martin  19

Eisel is in my team! G1!!  14

Stefan | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hate TTTs

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

My teams alright, i have 2 sky, 2 htc, 2 garmin and 2 omega  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My teams alright, i have 2 sky, 2 htc, 2 garmin and 2 omega  4

GET IN THOR!!!!  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i have him aswell, but i cant see that time standing up to Sky and HTC

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Yeah i have him aswell, but i cant see that time standing up to Sky and HTC

Time will tell geezaaaaaaaa!  3 (lets hope you are wrong for the sake of both our fantasy teams!  4 )

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not really, if you see the teams that went ahead, hardly the favourites times they are beating, wait till the big guns come at the end and then see how the times hold up

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Not really, if you see the teams that went ahead, hardly the favourites times they are beating, wait till the big guns come at the end and then see how the times hold up

Fair point! I am just hopeful! I have Thor in my team! strategic change!  105

Argy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Garmin-Cervelo is on fire!  43

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I want to see Sky, HTC, Garmin and Omega in the top 4, but i guess if you rider is dropped from the team, your not going to score the same as the team

Argy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Come on Garmin-Cervelo and Thor!  41

Latest Comments