Home

SO they are all at the start line and they are off to start the 2011 TdF

Just heard Quicksteps buses was raided by police this morning, no further information about that

If anyone want to take up the commentary feel free because i will not be doing in through out the tour, i'll just try and start the threads for others to comment in  19

30 comments

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

No sign of Cavendish at the front. If he was any good, he would be in the 3 man breakaway with Roy et al

I knew he was rubbish.  4

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

No sign of the sky blues at the front.

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Nasty fall dodging road furniture.
OPL rider fell, and half of team high road were involved.

No way Cav will win now.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Nasty fall dodging road furniture.
OPL rider fell, and half of team high road were involved.

No way Cav will win now.

HTC weren't part of that crash, they from what i could see had just drpped back to pace TJ back up

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Cav flops in the first sprint . . .

No way cav will win now  20 4

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Someone may try and tell me that Cav was simply trying to beat Pettachi and Hushovd, his main rivals for the green jersey overall . . . .
Maybe Cav's a bit more savvy than i thought . . .

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Getting excited now - only 23km to go.
Come on . . . . er . . . . Ruijgh today !

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

8km to go and Big Crash - loads of people fell -
peloton split
Quite a small group at the front.

Where's Cav now?

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Dno Rojas and Gilbert in the front group and saw wiggins in there i think.

Contador didnt, what a shame

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

scratch that wiggins got caught out i think

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert
Evans
Hushovd
Rojas
Ven Den Broeck
Thomas
Kloden
Taaramae
Horner
Martin

Thats your top 10

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert takes it quite easily, after even more crashes. . . and a good finish for Geraint

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

wiggins and schleck were in a second crash i believe as they were up from at first

Avatar
Cooks [491 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Anyone got any idea about the GC? was the 2nd crash inside the 3km, and will AC and AS get different times? Brilliant final 10km.....

Avatar
thefatcyclist [543 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Darn now I gotta work out a complete new game strategy, thanks to that stupid woman in the yellow tshirt (hope she is ok tho').

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

What about the GC? as its stage one, the top 10 above are the top 10 in GC

2nd crash was inside 3km but AC was in 1st crash outside and lost time

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

At the moment www.letour.fr is showing Gilbert topping the mountain competition (with a massive 1 pt) with Cavendish second - so is Cav wearing polka dots tomorrow ???

And I thought he was more of a sprinter than a climber. I take it all back. I know nothing. Cav for the polka dots !

Avatar
Cooks [491 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

What about the GC? as its stage one, the top 10 above are the top 10 in GC

2nd crash was inside 3km but AC was in 1st crash outside and lost time

I meant is there a complete GC yet? So we can establish who from crash one lost time on the group in crash two.

Edit: found one. Contador 1:14 down on Schleck

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

yh wiggo was in the 2nd crash too i believe

Avatar
thefatcyclist [543 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

On the tdf site there is a complet etape classement.

They split on Hushovds 6 seconds for the second crash. So Wiggo, Cav, Andy Schleck, Leipheimer, Brakovicz,Basso Fulslang,Renshaw and some others at 6 secs. Then they split at 1.20 includes Contador, Mollena, S Sanchez, LL Sanchez, then at 1.55 which includes some of the guys that did well in the TDS and DL like , hesjedal,Kreuziger,Gadret, ciolek, Boom.

The big losers
Arroyo, Kiryenka,Zabriskie, Van De Velde, Voigt

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

At the moment www.letour.fr is showing Gilbert topping the mountain competition (with a massive 1 pt) with Cavendish second - so is Cav wearing polka dots tomorrow ???

And I thought he was more of a sprinter than a climber. I take it all back. I know nothing. Cav for the polka dots !

There was only 1 point to be had today, so Cav dont have a point, in theory he cant wear it

But it would make a one off collectors items, a Cav polka dot skinsuit

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

On the tdf site there is a complet etape classement.

They split on Hushovds 6 seconds for the second crash. So Wiggo, Cav, Andy Schleck, Leipheimer, Brakovicz,Basso Fulslang,Renshaw and some others at 6 secs. Then they split at 1.20 includes Contador, Mollena, S Sanchez, LL Sanchez, then at 1.55 which includes some of the guys that did well in the TDS and DL like , hesjedal,Kreuziger,Gadret, ciolek, Boom.

The big losers
Arroyo, Kiryenka,Zabriskie, Van De Velde, Voigt

cheers for the info, wiggo in yellow 2morro?

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

cheers for the info, wiggo in yellow 2morro?

If i say yes, will you pick him  19

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

As thomas is ahead of wiggo, if sky win the ttt, then GT will be in yellow. But I think radioshack have a chance there with the likes of leipheimer and irizar.  19

Avatar
thefatcyclist [543 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I already did,  1 but if you look at OLO in the Giro, could be Gilbert in yellow, but it is a bit longer course.

I've decided just to go with my original game plan when the transfers open.

The whole thing is a mess because Saxo might try to get someof that minute back. BMC might up their game, but I don't think they will want Evans in yellow so early.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Really there is only one winner 2moro and the rest are battling for 2nd

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

cheers for the info, wiggo in yellow 2morro?

If i say yes, will you pick him  19

nope i wont, my transfers are gonna be renshaw for rojas and thomas for turgot

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Aye, HTC for the win but I'm not sure how it'll work for who's in yellow. Surely whoever crosses the line out of Velits, Martin and Van Garderen first in the TTT would get the yellow, not whoever crossed first today?

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I think if HTC win, Martin will be in Yellow on count back to todays results

Avatar
Gkam84 [9088 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Right as to the polka dot, Hushovd will be in them tomorrow with NO points, lol