Home

I had the temerity to create a mini-league on the Halfords TdF game called "road.cc ex-pats", password is "clenbuterol".

If anyone is going to win their Boardman bikes then it might as well be one of us. They only have one transfer window a week so it won't clash with the _real_ league on road.cc.

78 comments

sanderville [350 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 [4710 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Quite poor that u can look at other's teams before it has started

Gkam84 [9100 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in, give it a go i suppose, but remind me to check my team before the 1st cause they have loads of riders in there who wont be riding

Dseddon1 [12 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Might aswell have another cycling distraction that will please my girlfriend no end, lol. I signed up, but will have to do my team tomorrow on the laptop. Wasnt ipad friendly  7 #dontbuyanipadforwebbrowsing

JAndrewHill [1212 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I keep getting 'The league name / password are incorrect, please try again.' aaaaagh  2 22 20 7

dave atkinson [6301 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in. assuming i'm approved  4

0 likes

Yes, Dave, and you're even allowed to win the prizes on this one. Unless you fit car radios for a day job...

simon F [1003 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in, if I get approved.

Timbo13 [264 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in too

0 likes

maybe i could not spell cbt - i am in the queue now.
Do I go for stage wins or the overall? I reckon with the doyble points thing, you are only ever likely to win one stage if points count double for 5% of the participants.

Dave, Is there a prize for the winner of the road.cc ex-pats league?

arsene [210 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the queue now.

0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Dave, Is there a prize for the winner of the road.cc ex-pats league?

nope, don't want y'all taking it too seriously now  4

0 likes

Well I thought i'd ask . . . you never know

0 likes

nobody's set up a road.cc expats league on RCUK then?  1

0 likes

I've just set up a team on there. It's exactly the same engine as the Halfords game, isn't it?

0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

I've just set up a team on there. It's exactly the same engine as the Halfords game, isn't it?

yeah it's the same game engine.

0 likes

By the by, i'd be interested to know what people think is good and bad in the Halfords/RCUK games, compared to ours. Always trying to make it better, y'know...  1

letsgoup [121 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I've entered ex pats mini league in Halfords comp.

Dave, the road cc game is much better because it makes my head hurt. Don't dumb it down. The harder the better. The halfords game is good to let pass you by. Your game takes nouse which is what it should be about (and the team names). I mean seriously- lucky dip team....!!!

arsene [210 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I agree with letsgoup. Its like in Halfords doesnt win who is best. Every fool can win it cause they just need to take all favorites.
Whats good are the prizes  4 and nothing else.

0 likes

Certainly the road.cc game is by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and should stay that way. But the more people click the lucky dip button on the Halfords game, the more chance I have of winning a second Boardman.

I've already said I'd like the road.cc game to abandon the prescribed make-up of teams. One man's domestique is another man's all-rounder. What if a rookie beats the whole bunch in a sprint? What if you spend 40.0 on a captain who then spends the next day on bidon duty? Just let us spend our money where we want.

But look at the prices on the Halfords/RCUK/Toy'R'Us game - 2.5 for Andre Greipel???

Gepin [59 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I am in too (if approved)
The Road.cc game is so much better Dave... As others have mentioned this one proper twists my mellon!!!

letsgoup [121 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Too add. I like the rider classifications (GC, PC, KM etc) and the restrictions this imposes. Makes you have to think outside the box. Just being able to pick all the best riders isn't a game. Its a list. I like the restrictions.

onlyonediane [157 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Road cc game is much better,does require some knowledge to pick a reasonably good team. Also the restrictions are fairer for everyone. Not sure how the others will pan out.

Raleigh [1667 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to join, my team is called Leopard Trekkers.

What I love about it is the 3d jerseys that you get.

Oh yeah, and all the prizes, and the team picking thing.

I have a suggestion for this one though, how about publishing the highest scoring combination of riders, a bit like they do in fantasy football...

And how come Geraint's tips have dried up?  43

Simon_MacMichael [2492 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

And how come Geraint's tips have dried up?  43

They haven't - as we say in the intro to the TDF Preview, we're adding those in within the next day or so.

Not sure why you have the impression they've dried up though - true, we didn't have tips from him for the last race, the Tour de Suisse, but that was because he was riding the Dauphine at the same time (which he did give tips for).

Wookster [53 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Dave, the is much better than halfords!! Been assured since I. Found it!! Good work fella!!

petescales [28 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I've joined the queue and why not.

0 likes

If anyone feels they're waiting a long time to get approved to the Halfords mini-league it's because my work have blocked it. I'll do it all when I get home tonight.

BoredMan [48 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

I'd say roadCC is much better - far more challenging!
only thing I think maybe better is transfers for the week, rather than by day. 2per day leaves me pretty tired by the end of a tour! Also the freedom to use you budgeted changes on any day within the week allows more different strategies to be used & would mean teams would not end up as similar as they probably do now by the end of a race.

0 likes

I think the daily transfers make it so involving. Plus if you missed your weekly transfer window then you'd be screwed if your team was set up for flat stages in one week, then the next week was all about mountain finishes.

Pages