Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Show off your bike/s

Lets see your new build, ride photo's, collection etc...etc... B)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

67 comments

Shaun Audane | 14 years ago
0 likes

Here's my beloved 1955 Holdsworth Road Path dressed in modern components.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

check out this amazing tandem my friend emily bought on ebay as a wedding present for her sister  1

neilwheel | 14 years ago
0 likes

Here's one....

//www.frameforum.org/newportal/images/stories/953/2bike3.jpg)

more of the same HERE...

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Gert lush I'd say!

Grant36 | 14 years ago
0 likes

Here is my most recent addition - Di2 equipped Willier Cento Uno ( lush !! )

Mr Sock | 14 years ago
0 likes

Damn the UCI!!!

If it wasn't for them we could all be riding blkes like this!!  14  14  3

0 likes

Here's two shots of a fully faired, hub-geared recumbent I spotted resting in a non-descript industrial estate earlier today.

radar | 14 years ago
0 likes

Can't do pics at the moment - they are both dirty.

Road: Dolan built Cougar in Mapei Colnago C40 paint job; built up with ultegra/DA mix

Mucky stuff: Pace RC200f8, anodised grey with XTR, middleburns, lots of USE etc

therevokid | 14 years ago
0 likes

the maxlight goes where the trek fears to roll,
even if it does so on "monster truck" tyres :-]

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

I've got a maxlight XC:2, cracking bike. replaced a Kona which was quite literally a cracking bike  1

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

The kinesis looks like its seen some fun times.

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

You gonna talk us through 'your beasties' then Morgan?

And what about you therevokid why is the Maxlight your fav chariot?

Morgan replied to Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Beasties... back to front:

DMR Trailstar, with 24" DMR wheels, single speed and as simple as I could make it. 1980's Peugeot Roadie... single-speed again, flat bars, BMX seat, pedals and grips... Fastest commuter ever! A gift from my cycling buddies christmas just gone - I love this bike! 90's S&M Dirtbike, set up for flatland. No cranks doesn't make any odds, as I use pegs to balance on... Plus, the recession means no money for parts!

All are cool, and unique... just the way I like 'em!

Cheers, Morgan

0 likes

All time fav chariot :-]

//i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/glorfingal/DSC00790.jpg)

Morgan | 14 years ago
0 likes

My beasties... all fun, all different!

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

heres two thirds of my lot..the red Argos is the real thing, 853 throughout, with Ultegra, and Easton bits etc, the Green fixed wheel is my winter training bike, old Raleigh 531C re sprayed/converted by Argos. the blue one, and old Orbit 531 Touring bike is my get to work bike, again colour by Argos, track ends by me and my dad this time.. and finally the Kona, my old MTB, now a child and trailer utility job.

two more frames in the loft..old unbranded track frame and a Raleigh touring bike, one day im gonna get myself a Litespeed Archon.

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

ade, loving the jaws graphics on the whyte front suspension unit. Looks like an awesome machine.

Denzil Dexter | 14 years ago
0 likes

Loving the Merak

That Cove's a cool colour too

Teetosugars | 14 years ago
0 likes

3 of my current bikes,have a CX and a winter roadie, but no photies as yet..

DeRosa Merak..

//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/NorfolkandGoode/DeRosa.jpg)

Santa Cruz Heckler

//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/NorfolkandGoode/Iphone003.jpg)

Cove Handjob

//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/NorfolkandGoode/The%20Sassy%20Pink%20Handjob/Handjob-1.jpg)

Barry Fry-up | 14 years ago
0 likes

ade - that is an extraordinary beast. and in this climate of 29ers it's nice to see someone bucking the trend and fitting smaller wheels to their mtb. why is that, btw?

ade ward replied to Barry Fry-up | 14 years ago
0 likes

i found that there was not enough weight on the front on a standard preston ,, it's difficult to change the riding postion much as the forks hit a lower stem ,, so on dh bikes I have dropped the forks in the yokes to get more weight on the front giving more grip,
due to the forks on the preston you cant drop the ride height without getting entirly on the virtical part of the fork travel so the best solution was a 24 inch front wheel,, which meant sadly switching away from v brakes
my older preston has had a 24 inch front wheel since 2001
the bike now turns in and stays on line less inclined to lift the front wheel while climbing the only downside is the lack of xc lightweight tyres for a 24 inch wheel

ade ward | 14 years ago
0 likes

here possibly if i get the link right,,,,, is a pic of my full suspension single speed.. ( I know )

i have been riding single speed mountain bikes since 1999 ,, my first rigid was an old marin alumiium frame which i welded horizontal drop outs on ,, lent it to Dave Hemming who won the uk championships at cheddar that year,,
i then built a full suspension mount vision which i raced at the worlds in 2001 finishing 111th i then used and abused this bike through a number of 24 and 6 hour events,, until this year i was given a whyte ptreston jw4 now i already have on of these with gears so i thought i would build it up into a ss

sadly it meant the end to my old faithfull mount vision but everything swapped over and a 24 inch front wheel on the preston we seem to be ready for my 2nd decade of single speed riding ,, and will be looking forward to another new bike in 2018

0 likes

Sleazy Rider?

Here’s a curious looking mount I spotted while in the seamier parts of Southend On Sea… It’s a cro moly Muddy Fox with Manitou fork complete with chopper seat….

0 likes

Whilst not particularly retro (unlike the ill fated and
doomed Massi :-[) or particulary "bling" it is my first
real foray back into roadieing after a 20 or so year
lay off !!!!!

//i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/glorfingal/TheTrek-road.jpg)

Hammy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Nice Il Pompino, what a classic bike - great colour too.

Got a question for Flo, what's the orange bike? Looks like a crosser (those tyres) but there doesn't look like there is a vast amount of mud clearance and that looks like a canti brake on the front

0 likes

Here's those pedals in more detail

0 likes

Here's my beloved Ilpompino-crudely a crosser with track ends and 120mm rear spacing. 700X38c tyres, cro-moly rack, dual sided (look and spd pedals) plenty of Waxoyl sloshing about the tubes and a little bit of carbon for good measure. In many regards a modern take on the Road Path concept.

Flo K | 14 years ago
0 likes

people say, "you can't possibly ride them all!".

I disagree.

Here are some of my current favourites.

Flo K

0 likes

By contrast, here's my beloved road bike from 1991 aka "the teenage dream". Quaint by modern standards, this photo was taken prior to refinishing.
A cursory glance suggests nothing unusual but get closer and you might be surprised...

0 likes

Another machine doubling as a crosser is this old, slightly battle weary, yet characterful 531st tourer I spotted at a cross meet last November.

Pages

Latest Comments