Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

help on road bikes

I'm a 5'5'' lad just starting road cycling.

I have browsed the internet looking for a bike that will not burst the bank and doesn't compromise too much on performance.

I am looking for a bike under the budget of £350.

The condition of the bike doesn't affect mem so it can be used,ex-demo or new.

Could anyone suggest what websites or if they have a bike for sale.

(Delivery to Birmingham)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

tommy2p | 12 years ago
0 likes

you might get a decent meridian for that money. I noticed that they use Suntour gears, which come in at a lower price than Shimano.

bobinski | 12 years ago
0 likes

btwin at decathlon.
just bought my son his first road bike-£300 and its a blast to ride. I may even get one for myself for my winter commute.

Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes

For new then the carrera TDF is a decent buy. Halfords run many discount deals over lots of weekends. Alternatively haggle instore.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Have a poke around Classifieds forums on here and other cycling sites. Have an ask around at any good LBSs in the area, most deal in 2nd hand.

ashy_2002 | 12 years ago
0 likes

For that budget you're going to have to enter the world of eBay... but note smaller frame racing cycles about 45-49cm go for a cheaper price on ebay and DON'T be afraid to search on eBay with the term "ladies race cycle"... you might get a cheaper deal if you look for a ladies racer .... whats the difference NOTHING just the frame sizing ?

Happy to help W

Latest Comments