Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 5 TdS

Borut Bozic
Oscar Freire
Peter Sagan
Tejay Van Gerderen
Jose Rojas
Marco Marcato
Anthony Ravard
Linus Gerdemann
Greg Van Avermaet
Ban Swift

Thats the top ten for the stage

Top ten for the GC looks like this

Damiano Cunego 12.29.23
Juan Mauricio Soler 54sec
Bauke Mollema 1.16
Laurens Ten Dam 1.19
Tejay Van Garderen 1.21
Frank Schleck 1.25
Jakob Fuglsang 1.32
Danilo Di Luca 1.53
Steven Kruijswijk 2.00
Levi Leipheimer 2.10

So i thought i'd take Garderen out and put Cunego in, could of been a mistake today  2

But i think looking at it, i could have done alright got 8th with Linus and then hopefully another few in the 11-20,, still got 4 guys high in the GC

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thought of something in the shower this morning chaps.

Some players are putting in Domestiques likely to make a break - but check the TdS scoring in the stage listing. There's no fantasy points for intermediate sprints or mountain tops. IIRC this is due to Dave having doubts about sourcing results immediately after the stage in order to run up the scores (as it turns out, they're all up on cyclingnews, but there'd be uproar if he changed it now, I fear).

So unless the break stays away, I don't think there's a huge amount of point to it  22

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeh but the main of the sky team that will be in the tour rode the dauphine, although i do rate ben swift from this line up, although seems henderson may get the nod for tour.

As for astana, i rate gasparotto who is racing here, again the only real one in this team, the likes of tiralongo and di gregorio along with kreuziger and maybe kiserlovski will ride the tour and they will be much stronger there

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK so it is fantasy cycling so try this one. If Voigt, Leipheimer,chavanel,andy schleck get up the road with a rabo say Hesjedal and a euskatel, they could steal some real time, and if it fails andy can help Frank. There will be devestation on that climb, and I think the all rounders and time trialists that have stayed near the top will fall away, clarifying the overall.
It is notable that Sky and Astana are nowhere

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think Bakelandts has had a shot and wont go tomorrow, Lastras Garcia could be a good shout tho, i was looking at him at the start, but didn't do anything, so left it

Well Fluoxetine i have to agree, i dont think any of them will score points on their own, BUT, if you have faith in someone making a break away and staying away, getting a sprinter from their team right would make you 5 extra points  4

0 likes

Why are all the players I wanted in Rabobank,
anyway..
Cunego, Hushovd, Mollena, Sagan, Frank Schleck, Mathias Frank, Gerdemann, Krujkswick, Stybar.

But wanted Ten Dam and Chavanel.

The problem is that this race is over for anybody outside about 2 min 30 off the pace, and I can't think of anybody coming out the pack. Unless Schleck says right guys follow me tomorrow, because lets face it, he needs a bit in hand for the TT. If Sagan can stay in touch tomorrow, then I think he could be the outright winner of the points classement.

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thursday's lineup for Lactic Tactics is Cunego, Thor, soler, Frank S, Sagan, ten dam, kruijswik, bakelandts (for a breakaway) and Lastras Garcia (ditto).

the fluoxetine kid | 12 years ago
0 likes

dont need any breakaway advice for tomorrow its burghardt without a doubt, and last year he made it work --twice! Im stuck with cav too but no point changing as none of other sprinters will get points anyway.

TERatcliffe26 replied to the fluoxetine kid | 12 years ago
0 likes
the fluoxetine kid wrote:

dont need any breakaway advice for tomorrow its burghardt without a doubt, and last year he made it work --twice! Im stuck with cav too but no point changing as none of other sprinters will get points anyway.

You heard it here first, Rojas to finish in the top 20  3

0 likes

yeh dave ive still got plenty credits i could lend you.

Mine tomorrow is Cunego, Rojas, Mollema, F. Schleck, Fuglsang, Gasparotto, Ten Dam, Froome and De Greef

Personally i hope Ten Dam does well as i have a bet on him to win overall

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I like the look of Gerdemann recently, wahat with T of Lux...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

CUNEGO, HONDO, MOLLEMA, SAGAN, F SCHLECK, GASPAROTTO, GERDEMANN, KRUIJSWIJK, Alberto ALGUACIL LOSADA

Thats my line up for tomorrow, got rid of Hushvod and Boonen for Hondo and Sagan

I'll lend you some credits Dave, 10 points a stage for every 2.5 credits  26

I've still got a few remaining
Current team value: 185.5, 16.5 credits remaining

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

And ditto the GOSS shoutout, he should have been good today  20

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well, if Frank doesn't sleep well, maybe another leopard?

Also, isn't it true that if loads of people pick him, his value will go up...  39

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't afford Frank, by 0.1 credits. It's times like that where it's tempting to just nip into the database and award yourself a bonus  1

Soler FTW, I reckon*

*hope

0 likes

GKam84 it will be a sprint, dont worry, a sprint to the top between cunego, schlecks, fugslang, de greef, ten dam, mollema, soler, krusjwick, frank, tschopp, maybe some others?

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

GKam84 it will be a sprint, dont worry, a sprint to the top between cunego, schlecks, fugslang, de greef, ten dam, mollema, soler, krusjwick, frank, tschopp, maybe some others?

Quite happy with that, but i want to see Cunego, Mollema, Kruijswijk, Frank Schleck and some guy called Alberto ALGUACIL LOSADA

That would do be for a top 5, lol

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sorry but there is no chance in hell tomorrow will be a sprint, look at the link i posted up there ^^ thats the profile for the stage, BIG uphill finish

onlyonediane | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have managed to put Sagan in my team for tomorrow's stage. May even end up in a sprint?

0 likes

Only 50 odd points a what might have been day, never mind, saved myself for the hills to come. As did Eisel and weening, by the looks at the standings.

How do I have the feeling I should have put Tschopp in for tomorrow. Why? Tschopp/Franks/ both Swiss, both BMC.
Both good climbers.Sylvan will be in a breakaway.

LamonicBibber | 12 years ago
0 likes

"I keep thinking that Rojas is Rujano"

I sympathize if I ever put the wrong Chavanel in my team again I will go potty  31

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Maybe Cavendish is saving himself for tomorrows stage . . I think I'll keep him in the squad, just in case  7 . . .  4  4

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Maybe Cavendish is saving himself for tomorrows stage . . I think I'll keep him in the squad, just in case  7 . . .  4  4

Have you seen the finish tomorrow? if not

http://www.steephill.tv/players/profile/?race=tour-de-suisse&stage=6&yea...

You think Cav has any chance?  39

0 likes

Nice to see i have now passed you Dave

0 likes

Yeah, where were you, Matthew Harley GOSS?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Only 50 points today, slowing up for you thefatcyclist

Now lets see some proper hills again, not these stages that were supposed to be perfect for Cav and Cancellara, well that failed, lol  19

stewieatb replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Now lets see some proper hills again, not these stages that were supposed to be perfect for Cav and Cancellara, well that failed, lol  19

When I first heard that today and yesterday were sprinters' stages, I did wonder where they'd found in Switzerland that was flat.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

I *thought* I had Bozic, but that was before the team was reset the other day. Have Van Avermaet instead, so swings and roundabouts...

Stefan | 12 years ago
0 likes

I keep thinking that Rojas is Rujano  7 I got 3rd, 17th, 18th and 19th.

0 likes

Phew what a finish for a wee while I thought I was having 1/2/3/4/5/6 in no particular order.

Boonen, Hush, Frank, Krusc, Mollena, Sagan

0 likes

anyone here one of the 22 that had Bozic then?  39

Pages

Latest Comments