Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

White saddle - now black!!!

Having bought a new pair of cycle shorts at the weekend i thought i'd wear them for my ride tonight - when i returned i found my beautiful white (was) San Marco saddle is now black!!  20  14  2
Seems like black dye from offending shorts has caused the damage and despite trying everything from lightly jiffing to WD40 it wont budge!
Iknow the seat wont stay clean forever but only after two weeks.......
Wash shorts BEFORE use......lesson learned.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sorry for your troubles, but anything that is going to be in contact with my balls goes in the wash first.

Apart from my wife.  1

Adey replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

Sorry for your troubles, but anything that is going to be in contact with my balls goes in the wash first.

Apart from my wife.  1

1 nice one Chris  4

Gregoire500 | 12 years ago
0 likes

try using washing powder/liquid. You know the oxi-whitening stuff-works on bar tape...

my white saddle is permanently grubby but is even more comfy than when I bought it though!

Adey replied to Gregoire500 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gregoire500 wrote:

try using washing powder/liquid. You know the oxi-whitening stuff-works on bar tape...

my white saddle is permanently grubby but is even more comfy than when I bought it though!

Thanks Greg but no joy - as Fringe suggested to stick to black saddles!
Shame though cause its a predominatley white bike

Fringe | 12 years ago
0 likes

or just stick to black saddles..

Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried baby wipes?

I had white grips on my previous mtb and they were the only thing to keep them clean.

Adey replied to Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Have you tried baby wipes?

I had white grips on my previous mtb and they were the only thing to keep them clean.

Cheers Mr Domesttique - we use a similar product at work (painters mate wipes) - no joy

Latest Comments