"my teams changed" Pre-empt (check here first if your gonna moan)

by Gkam84   June 13, 2011  

Right, i know alot of people just start threads without reading some of the old ones, so hopefully that title will draw them in here

Incase you didn't know, Todays stage points have been neutralised (read here)

http://road.cc/content/news/37182-fantasy-cycling-todays-stage-neutralised

So because of the server problems and transfers glitch, The Road.cc team have taken the desision to cancel points for today and reset teams back to how they were at the end of the DL

So thats why your team has changed

18 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Good thread to have started, the team i selected last night would have been doing pretty well, as for my actual team, not so well, in a way it may be good its sprint for the next two days

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3761 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:08

like this
Like (1)

I thought, if i dont start one, there is going to be thread after thread of my team has changed, whats going on, what are you lot playing at kinda style

So hopefully they can be contained in the one thread, makes it easier for everyone

My team would have scored quite highly by the looks for it today, but having 4 changes, it means i can get rid of a couple of TT guys and my 2 DL riders, with it being 2 sprints next, its kinda handy because a couple of my TT picks are sprinters, saves me trying to fiddle about to much with fitting them in and juggling credits

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8657 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:18

like this
Like (0)

Yeah I've invested a lot of time into this game as you can see by the leader board picked my team last night was miffed anyway s about changing all but carried on only to log on this afternoon to find out half my team has been removed thanks road cc! GUTTED

posted by naffets [50 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:24

like this
Like (0)

Apologies road cc only just read the answer to my question above

posted by naffets [50 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:26

like this
Like (0)

Ah that explains it. Probably the fairest thing to do. I'll put my book of swear words away now.

posted by viveLaPants [88 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:32

like this
Like (0)

I jumped on the first posting I saw sorry. But now of the 4 changes I need to swap out 3 DLs. I'll just have to hope Hushovd stuffs Cav.

posted by thefatcyclist [568 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:46

like this
Like (0)

Quote:
Right, i know alot of people just start threads without reading some of the old ones, so hopefully that title will draw them in here

hasn't entirely worked, gkam84, but thanks for trying Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7251 posts]
13th June 2011 - 16:49

like this
Like (0)

Darn, I had Sagan & Cunego.

posted by Aapje [159 posts]
13th June 2011 - 17:08

like this
Like (0)

5 outta 8 people that have posted in threads and this one have come here, not bad going, i expect it to get worse later on when people come home from work Crying

Gkam84's picture

13th June 2011 - 17:14

like this
Like (1)

I'd stayed up late waiting for the darn thing to update, gave up on the last two and did them this morning. Team did really well and now it doesn't count - bugger!

posted by Crackle [5 posts]
13th June 2011 - 17:22

like this
Like (0)

My prechange team did well today with Sagan as the winner, so why did you neutralize todays stage. You should just count the score of the former teams.

posted by arsene [217 posts]
13th June 2011 - 17:42

like this
Like (0)

arsene wrote:
My prechange team did well today with Sagan as the winner, so why did you neutralize todays stage. You should just count the score of the former teams.

As much as i'd love that to happen and think it was a valid point, i think its just much easier to neutralize the stage and let people a chance to get transfers

I do think it could have been reset teams and go on with points like a "no transfers" stage, but i do also see that leading to problems with people who had picked some of the guys like Sagan and so on, they would score high and the rest being left with nothing

So to keep it easy, no-one scores, make your transfers and hope for the best tomorrow Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

13th June 2011 - 17:51

like this
Like (0)

Quote:
d stayed up late waiting for the darn thing to update

bet you didn't stay up as late as me Plain Face

Dave Atkinson's picture

13th June 2011 - 18:28

like this
Like (0)

dave_atkinson wrote:

bet you didn't stay up as late as me Plain Face

I bet some of us did Nerd But only cause i've not been to bed since 7am Saturday, got up at normal time, but the got sucked in by Le Mans, so from 2pm Saturday for 24hr i was tuned in, then the cycling Sunday afternoon before the F1, so that took me up to half 10, then mucking about on here for a while, sorting out some parts for my trike from America through the night and holy jebus, it was 8am, so just stayed up cause i had things to do today, So thats almost 60 hours so far Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

13th June 2011 - 18:35

like this
Like (0)

I would have scored 76 points, low for me.
Certaintly (you got to love sean) stimulated discussion.

posted by thefatcyclist [568 posts]
13th June 2011 - 18:53

like this
Like (0)

Probably the fairest thing Dave - of course I had Sagan... keep up the good work, it's appreciated.

posted by msw [125 posts]
13th June 2011 - 19:00

like this
Like (0)

Quote:
So thats almost 60 hours so far

don't let it affect your strategy...

Dave Atkinson's picture

13th June 2011 - 19:04

like this
Like (1)

Fairest thing to do . . . and I transferred Sagan out last night and replaced him with Fuglsang . . . . ha ha ha Big Grin

So its saved me a bit of embarrassment

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1207 posts]
13th June 2011 - 21:46

like this
Like (0)