aero/tri bars help please

by Jon Burrage   April 23, 2009  

Hi, Ive got hold of a pair of zipp vuka carbon fibre extensions to go onto my road bike to allow me to train for the triathlons this summer but I dont have the clamps etc for them. I know the vuka bullet clamps are avialable but they cost about £120 so was wondering if anyone here, with your combined wealth of experience, has any suggestions about where to get some basic clamps and arm pads from.

cheers in advance

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Depends really - Planet-x do just the clamps, but depends whether your extensions will fit or not. They also do full sets with extensions for not that much.

I've got a set of short Vision ones (which is FSA's more racing line) which I find good, but for racing I think I'll go full carbon for the weight saving.

Have been pretty impressed with the advantage you get against the wind from just holding a more aero position - I reckon probably about 0.5mph as standard thus far, which should boost my times a little bit.

posted by the-yorkshire-p... [179 posts]
3rd June 2009 - 16:26

like this
Like (0)

what diameter are the extensions? could you buy a cheap set of dedas (http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=K0132) and swap out the extensions?

cactuscat's picture

posted by cactuscat [302 posts]
3rd June 2009 - 16:48

like this
Like (0)