Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New hamsters needed in server

I've been trying to sort out my fantasy team for over an hour now, and the page is really very, very slow, or just bombs out completely....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

@BoredMan yes that's what we've done seem the fairest thing to do, although apologies to all those who've spent precious time this morning trying to make transfers or pick a team… window closed with half my transfers done… that's not why we neutralised the stage btw

BoredMan | 12 years ago
0 likes

whats going on ?! Void the stage please!!

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

yes it closed now, but had been extended to 1. dave said to email if you had lost credits while the servers were being attacked

Noriko replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for clarifying.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

We're neutralising today's stage

http://road.cc/37182

Noriko | 12 years ago
0 likes

Has the transfer window definitely closed now? I didn't get to add nine riders before 11am during all the slowness, but don't want to risk adding any now cause I'm trying to stay in the purist league.

yland | 12 years ago
0 likes

would i pick my team as i did if i didnt lost my credits?
certainly not  39

guttertrash | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well if it was extended I missed the boat, as I cant be in front of a PC 24 hours a day, and anyway, I'm still missing some points after the earlier problems this morning so I couldn't field a fair team anyway.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

yeh dave is doing his best, not really his fault if someone is attacking the servers, it had been going on since about 7 last night and he has been trying to fix it.

At the end of the day it is free and he tries his best to be fair for everyone

As for the transfers not being transfers, dave admitted it was a mistake in the code that was written as after an event it goes back to pick team rather than transfers and only last did he realize the error, as when it was written it was not realized the two tours overlapped

yland replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bon courage to Dave and Merci for the game

No1 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am gutted, I only managed to get 5 riders in as the site was not working this morning! surely they should nullify this stage so everyone can get sorted?! don't think it's fair on everyone!  2

ironwimp | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had really been enjoying this game and, for once in my life, was doing reasonably well.

I followed the rules and thinned out point-scoring Dauphine riders, phasing in TdS riders, so that I would have a full squad today. And, the scores show, I didn't do so well during this transition.

Then you changed the rules. Which meant that people who hadn't planned ahead could benefit from unlimited transfers.

So I decided to follow the new rules, and tweak my squad.

But you didn't allow "TRANSFERS" - oh no, we had to remove riders, then add new ones, as discrete operations.

And your site crashed on me just after I removed a rider but before I could add the new one.

The site has returned and I have finally managed to add my final rider - but well after the deadline for gettng my squad counted today so I will score a big fat ZERO.

As I said, I had really been enjoying this game, and had been recommending it to friends.

Not any more. I am seriously p*ssed off.

ironwimp replied to ironwimp | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've just spotted a comment elsewhere that the transfer window has been extended until 1:00.
If that's correct, then I'm no longer quite so p*ssed off.

In fact, thinking about it, I'm no longer p*ssed off at all - it's a free game, it's mostly been glitch-free, and it's really added to my enjoyment of the Eurosport coverage actually having a stake (albeit no-risk) in the races.

So, there you go, grump to gratitude in one easy comment.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

They were having problems with attacks on the server lastnight, i think its either continued to this morning or they are working to fix the servers

This is the first time i've seen the site since lastnight, couldn't get on at all

only1ghost | 12 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't make my transfers either. I think they should reset the endless transfers for tonight and not give points for today. It's not right that some people can take advantage and others can't.

guttertrash | 12 years ago
0 likes

ok, this is driving me nuts!

Now, i added a couple of riders, it took the points but didnt give me the riders, so i add them again and it took the points again, but this time did give me the riders.

I guess the major slowness is breaking something along the way.

Can someone reset my team to empty and give me the points back?

Latest Comments