Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 36 update

I know its Sunday, day of rest and all that but the game has not updated for todays stage yet (stage 36). Is this a glitch with me or has everyone not got their points for today yet? I want to check my points total for riders today before making my transfers tomorrow.  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

TomL i see your point and im in your boat, but i would prefer 4 as still not managed to transfer everyone out and also today is a sprint stage, differing from yesterday being a climbing stage, so need to the 4 to make up my full team and to then change those i already had for the sprint stage

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

a

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

We're neutralising today's stage

http://road.cc/37182

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

never mind, I don't think it compromised my scoring all that much, and looking at the scores from the leaders, they will have no gripes either e.g for one person 160 points and able to swap in all new team instead of having to bleed in new team members over the next 2 days.

0 likes

In other news, i *was* a bit upset about antiques roadshow. Atlhough the GP was the best one for ages

letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes

Stuff happens. Never mind its only a game after all. The saying should be changed- "cheats always prosper" let me know what hell is like when you get there.....?  3

Gkam84 replied to letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

Stuff happens. Never mind its only a game after all. The saying should be changed- "cheats always prosper" let me know what hell is like when you get there.....?  3

Whats the problem, its been coded like that since the start of the game, yes it might have been coded wrong, but how the f*ck is anyone cheating?  14

9lives2 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wahoo to Dave!  1 We can swap out the whole team. Muah!  41

0 likes

Cheers for the explanation dave, as it is the DL has been and passed and like you say the second option is possibly the easiest, would have liked it to be two transfers, but now i can get the best tds team for myself, but didnt do too badly out of the transition anyway

0 likes

okay, so here's what happened:

1) yes, it was meant to be 2 transfers.

2) the bit of script that swaps the transfer page for the unlimited page had this stage down as an unlimited stage, unbeknownst to me although obviously it's my doing. Possibly from the very early days of coding the game when I didn't realise that the two tours overlapped.

So, it's stuck up the 'pick your team' page, and plenty of people have taken advantage of the game's kind offer. And others of you are a bit pissed off because your strategy got a bit. I feel your pain.

The options are a) reset all changes and implement the two-transfer limit, and b) leave it as it is and we'll chalk it up to experience. of the two i'm going for b) because resetting everyone's team is a complicated business and, strategy or no, at least we can all pick a decent team for the rest of the TDS.

Apologies for the mix up. Another one for the big list for next year ...

0 likes

I only changed my whole team as i dont wanna be disadvantaged against others, not because i agree you should, i want it back to two transfers as thats how i played my team

the fluoxetine kid | 12 years ago
0 likes

no think your wrong about cheaters people just want to know what to do it needs sorting soon because some will have picked a full new team and will not be online in the morning eg work!
however if daves not responding at the moment lets all remember that there are more important things than fantasy cycling-- perhaps he has other problems

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

No cheating, i KNOW its meant to be 2, but i have changed my whole team out incase the rules change at the last min, if not that i'm quite happy with the team i had before and just make my 2 changes  4

letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think we all know its supposed to be 2 transfers. Play fair! Too many Fergie lets win at all costs even if it means cheating types out there I think....  14

prinzi | 12 years ago
0 likes

checked looks like stage 36 points are up but no closer re transfers

0 likes

We all have, we dont wanna be disadvantaged even more by compromising in the DL and then losing out again. Worst that can happen is it will be reset to 2 transfers

letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I just noticed that at the moment I have the chance to pick a whole new team rather than just the 2 transfers. Maybe we should get in quick before he notices. Doh I have just given myself away! As if I would....

0 likes

Nicely said, id rather it go back to 2 transfers, as my DL was compromised because of it, but now i think i have a fairly strong tds team. but who knows.

This has to be the longest gp ever!

davemchol | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dont think its been updated yet mate

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

No-one has gotten stage 36 yet, i think dave is watching the F1 because he was sat waiting for the Antiques roadshow to come on, but he's gutted its be cancelled  19

Plus he's going to have to make a big choice, which no doubt there will be moaning about, sort out the transfers back to 2 or leave it where you change out your whole team

He's maybe having a Lord Sugar style boardroom meeting discussing options and pointing at people saying "your fired"

Latest Comments

• panda 2 min 53 sec ago

In defence of the triathletes (full disclosure: I was a racing cyclist (mostly TTs) and switched over to long course triathlon for a while before...

• MattKelland 3 min 18 sec ago

GWR also allows you to make bike and seat reservations on its services yourself via your online account, regardless of where you got your ticket.

• OnYerBike 13 min 57 sec ago

Wax tends to last longer than wet lube between applications (although varies depending on brand of wax/lube). So, however frequently (or...

• Steve Williams 19 min 28 sec ago

Personally I find have my arms wider just makes it that little bit easier to breathe - I wonder if others do too? Got to love the toe clips, 5mm...

• mattw 40 min 57 sec ago

The road is an in-out No Motor Vehicles Except Access loop with no vehicle access in the middle of the loop ie effectively a crescent....

• cyclisto 59 min 7 sec ago

I understand that if it is on sale, most likely it will be sold. I am just trying to understand its benefits....

• DJameson 1 hour 7 min ago

My regular Aldi is urban, and the bike racks are heavily used and fantastic. I appreciate that they're right outside the plate glass, so any...

• Rendel Harris 1 hour 14 min ago

So, just as an example, what had five-month-old twins Naeim and Wissam Abu Anza, killed in an Israeli airstrike on a civilian house, done in their...

• Steve K 2 hours 9 min ago

On the subject of other vehicles blocking cycle lanes, there is a point on the Croydon Tram between Waddon and West Croydon where it is designed in...

• daccordimark 2 hours 22 min ago

I've had one of these since November and agree it's good value for money. For me, the ride is a bit harsh and I can't really detect any comfort...