Home

How many changes can I make tonight? I thought I could change only 2 riders but it seems that I can make unlimited change... maybe you have changed the rules because today has finished DL and you have thought 2 changes are very little...

Could you say how many changes can we make? I don't want to make 9 changes and after two hours to read that there is a problem with the program and I must reset my changes...

Thanks.

49 comments

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Should be only 2 transfers, If not i will be very angry because i could have kept my DL team until today  14

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4624 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeh me to Gkam, not happy about this

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I'm very angry if it is the case, but i have taken advantage to get a strong line up for the rest of the TdS  4

Get yourself sorted now, if it is a mistake, i guess my team will be reset, but wont gain anything if you dont change

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4624 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Yh i have done now, although still not sure how happy i am with the team but nevermind

Avatar
TomL [14 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I've done my allowed 2 changes rather than picking a top team.
I bet they are all watching the F1...

I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

TomL, i would get your best team sorted for the TdS incase they just leave it, I do hope they change ALL teams back to the start of the day and enforce the 2 changes only, because some teams took a chance with more points in the DL and wont have a full team for the TdS tomorrow even with the 2 transfers  4

Avatar
TomL [14 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I reserve that option for the morning :0)

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
TomL wrote:

I reserve that option for the morning :0)

You may not have that option by the morning, so if you change your team out now, the worst thing that can happen is it gets changed back and then you have to make the 2 changes that you made just now

Avatar
tpb1 [7 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I shall be so annoyed if its unlimited transfers tonight cos the stage listings stated 4 for todays cross over stage and then I'm sure it said 4 before tomorrow's stage so I compromised my roster for the final stage today believing that I wouln't have a tds team if I didn't change 4 out for stage 36 and then 4 again for stage 37!! I'm sure that lots of us did this!  14

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

No, it was only 2 transfers today. 4 yesterday and 4 the day before

Avatar
tpb1 [7 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

No, it was only 2 transfers today. 4 yesterday and 4 the day before

ah yes- got my days mixed up!

Avatar
tpb1 [7 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

of course it won't really make a difference to whether I'll win or not LOL!  4 4

Avatar
thefatcyclist [543 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Did my 2 transfers as planned.

Avatar
dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

okay, so here's what happened:

1) yes, it was meant to be 2 transfers.

2) the bit of script that swaps the transfer page for the unlimited page had this stage down as an unlimited stage, unbeknownst to me although obviously it's my doing. Possibly from the very early days of coding the game when I didn't realise that the two tours overlapped.

So, it's stuck up the 'pick your team' page, and plenty of people have taken advantage of the game's kind offer. And others of you are a bit pissed off because your strategy got a bit. I feel your pain.

The options are a) reset all changes and implement the two-transfer limit, and b) leave it as it is and we'll chalk it up to experience. of the two i'm going for b) because resetting everyone's team is a complicated business and, strategy or no, at least we can all pick a decent team for the rest of the TDS.

Apologies for the mix up. Another one for the big list for next year ...

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Not happy because it now benefits the people who took a chance leaving more riders in the DL and not having a full squad for the TdS, i used the 4 changes to make sure i had some in the TdS but if i knew this was going to happen, i would have kept most of my riders in the DL

If i had kept them in, i would have scored a bucket load today over those who had swapped

Do you not have a backup made daily at the end of the stage before the transfers kick in? So you could just do a roll back to say 5pm today, no changes would have been made, everyone would still have the same team, could just implement the points again and then we only have the 2 transfers?

Avatar
durhamwasp [6 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah im in the resetting it camp. As currently i can't make any transfers and have only 1 rider in the TdS while others have the full quota...

Avatar
welshboy29 [17 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

yeah I think yr right guys, I used the transfers to get a full TDS squad for tomorrow when I got rid of some gd DL riders. Its a right mess tbh. Moving the goalposts spring to mind. Some people can gain massively on this.

Avatar
Dseddon1 [12 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm over it, I was annoyed cause I could have earned more points today having made a couple of changes that I wouldn't have otherwise made. Now I've ended up with a much stronger squad than I would have ever had this week given limited transfers. I was one of the ones that had a dauphine heavy squad so its in my favour.

I'd be bothered if there was money involved and we had to pay for this.

No worries. Keep up the good work Dave.

...hang on, Dave you didnt 'accidentally' do this cause you had a dauphine heavy squad did you  3 #perksofrunningtheshow

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

See thats why i'm not happy because of the people like above who had a squad loaded for the DL and were going to lose out over those of us who make some changes to see we picked up points in the TdS, now they dont lose out on anything and have the best of best races

The other thing that concerns me is that amount of people who might not fill their team with TdS riders, because normally after an "unlimited" transfer period it is followed by, "if you dont have a full team you dont score anything"

Avatar
dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

As currently i can't make any transfers

you can make as many as you like, hit 'pick team'

we're not 'changing the rules', it's just an error. Apologies for the error.

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Dave, as this is now technically an unlimited transfers window does that mean purist teams can make transfers and still be classed as purist?

Avatar
dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Dave, as this is now technically an unlimited transfers window does that mean purist teams can make transfers and still be classed as purist?

yes.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Can i suggest you set up an auto backup for say 5pm, so if something ever happens again, you can just roll back and have it all saved, If you dont have a system like that already??

But i suppose if you did, then it wouldn't have been such a hassle to roll back and sort the transfers  3

Avatar
charliemac74 [188 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm the first to admit I'm benefiting from this change (and after raking in a huge 42 points today I need it!) but lets not forget that Dave & co are probably busting a bo**ock to get this game out and it doesn't cost us a penny.

I understand that some people will be miffed that their planning has been negated to some extent by this event but hey, it's a game and we are all learning - players and organisers alike - so why don't we all try and remember we are all brothers under the skin(suit) and crack on with it?

Avatar
abudhabiChris [692 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Hurrah - had no idea this had happened until picking my team this morning.

In retrospect it would have made sense to have unlimited transfers today anyway. That's what would have happened if the Dauphine had finished last week and the TDS started a few days later wouldn't it.

Appreciate that some people have planned a strategy around it of course, so they are a little peeved.

Avatar
TomL [14 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

IMO the last 2 days of racing should be wiped off the slate. I and others have lost a lot of potential, and easy, points by goind TDS heavy in the hope that I'll reap the benefits today and tomorrow and regain more than the lost points.

Avatar
dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

Hurrah - had no idea this had happened

You and me both. Although my reaction wasn't 'hurrah'  4

abudhabiChris wrote:

In retrospect it would have made sense to have unlimited transfers today anyway

Yeah, I think you're right. That way you could have gambled on some TdS riders or stuck with the DL, with the knowledge that either way you'd be able to pick a full TdS team today.

Ah well. Hindsight and that.

Avatar
dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
TomL wrote:

IMO the last 2 days of racing should be wiped off the slate. I and others have lost a lot of potential, and easy, points by goind TDS heavy in the hope that I'll reap the benefits today and tomorrow and regain more than the lost points.

Swings and roundabouts: you scored 113 and 82 for the crossover stages, with 26 for Mollema and Van Garderen and 43 for Cancellara. Doesn't seem to me that your scores have bombed because you gambled.

Avatar
TomL [14 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Indeed.
First day was ok. Cancellara was easy to predict.

BUt the second day I've lost 80 points to the leader who has 6 riders in the Dolphin vs my 2 and with a mountain top finish in the Dolphin it was easy to see who would be there.

That's a big loss that I now can't get back by being organised to have 8 riders in the TDS against his 5.
I had designs on still trying to win the overall and I know the only way I was able to was to take some risks to regain the points I was behind. I am now a lot further behind by taking a risk that has had the rules changed on me.

Avatar
simon F [1001 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Does that mean you would like to give me the 30 or so extra points I would have got if I could have kept Pinot and Sivtsov instead of Tschopp and Bakelandts as I would have done if I'd known what was going to happen?

Thought not. I expected to regain that loss over the next couple of days as the DL heavy boys lost out retuning for the TdS. Can't say I'm exactly over the moon about all this.

Pages