Home

I'm selling a 2009 Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Sora Compact in very good condition indeed. Viewing essential. I dont want to part with it, it was my first road bike and it does everything my other ones do, but I dont ride enough to have so many bikes on the go.

I think this is a bargain for £220 picked up, someone is going to get lucky with this. No, no offers thanks at that price. I'm in Stockport. Any packing, packaging or delivery charges will be additional.

To put it in perspective given the number of decent groupsets and wheels that are frequently advertised on this forum you could ride it as is for the next year or so and then spend a bit more. Eventually you could have this bike frame with something like Ultegra components and some Fulcrum wheels with a new set of bars too all for an additional £350-380. That means for the eventual total of £600 you would have an absolutely belting first bike, winter bike or indeed best bike. The 2011 model sells for £770 (for Sora) so you would be laughing.

Just google for comments off people who actually ride these bikes, they are a great bike. If you put good components on this it would be ace, probably as good as you !

Anyway back to right now, this bike is in really, really good condition. It's virtually stock (see http://www.bianchiusa.com/archives/09-bicycles/09-c2c/via-nirone-7-alu/09-c2c-nirone-alu-sora-comp/ for this exact model) apart from mine now has a white bontrager stem 100mm (but I have the original 110mm and will swap if you want). I've also replaced the Selle San Marco Ponza saddle with a worn but perfectly usable Spec Toupe Gel 143mm. No one is going to want the Ponza put back on surely, but if you do, hey I can do that too.

There are a couple of scratches to the paint, minor, but I'm pointing them out. Theres a little set on one of the chainstays and the worst one is on the seat tube where I had some Crud roadracers on. There's also a tiny bit of cable rub on the headtube from when the bike shop retaped the handlebars (from white to black) and didnt anticipate that the cable was touching in a different place to the existing protectors. Apart from this and a couple more even lesser ones the frame is mint. Usual light wear to wheel rims and the top of the shiters.

It is a two year old bike and didnt get ridden much but the buyer will need to do the following:

Buy a new 50T chain ring, the existing one is at the end of its life with a couple of chewed teeth and the Prowheel chainrings were always the weakest part of the bike when new (the 34T one is a Shimano one). £30 I guess?
Buy a new rear tyre -currently the front is a red Schwalbe Lugano so get a matching one for the rear from Wiggle (please) for £10

And off you go!

I've got all paperwork etc.

See pictures here, additional ones provided on request.