Bib shorts around £75

by tofocipollini   June 6, 2011  

Hi

With the BHF Oxford to Cambridge charity ride looming on the not to distant horizon I thought I would treat myself to an upgrade in bibshorts.
I currently ride the Prendas sold Santini Top shorts. Originally giving myself a £50 budget I struggled to find much that was a good upgrade. Upping this budget to £75 has brought about more options.
Currently the top of this list is the Etxeondo dicolor shorts that are on Prendas. Does anyone have any experience (sizing, comfort of pad etc.) of these shorts or indeed any Etxeondo products? In Santini shorts I currently wear an XL and was wondering how the sizing compares to these as I have seen santini often refered to as being on the small size.
One last point, does anyone else have any ideas for a good bibshort with a maximum price of £75?

Many Thanks
Chris

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

them Gore Power II bibshorts are pretty neat and around your price range... also the Lusso ones always look good to me, but not tried 'em.

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1085 posts]
6th June 2011 - 12:57

1 Like

Giordana Body Clone - best shorts I've ever had, above Castelli, Assos, Capo...

Normally around 100 pounds but when I looked a couple of weeks ago last season's range were on sale at Ribble for just over 70 quid I think.

abudhabiChris's picture

posted by abudhabiChris [569 posts]
6th June 2011 - 14:36

1 Like

On Etxe Ondo I have a jacket worn for the last 2 years which is my all time favourite bit of kit. Brilliantly made and fits really well. I took a large based on the charts on their website.

Other shorts worth a look are the Shutt VR's. I have a pair and they're very well made and a nice material. Good service too.

TheHatter's picture

posted by TheHatter [811 posts]
6th June 2011 - 19:42

0 Likes

Sugoi RS Bib Shorts can be had for 75 quid. I prefer these to my Assos F1.Mille.

Excellent chamois on these. Kept me very comfortable for an E2E last year. My friend was having all sorts of discomfort in the first week. I talked him in to ordering a pair and sending it to the next B&B and he never looked back after that.

posted by mingsta [11 posts]
6th June 2011 - 22:55

1 Like

@mingsta, what's the sizing like on the Sugois? I need a pair of shorts 'for best' - I had a pair of Giordana body clones and just didn't get on with the fit, loose in the wrong places.

zombie paul's picture

posted by zombie paul [54 posts]
8th June 2011 - 19:56

0 Likes

Take a look at the reviews from other cyclists over at http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk, the Etxeondo Dicolor gets pretty favourable reviews:

http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/etxeondo-dicolor-bib-shorts-894.html?go_re...

posted by Peterh [10 posts]
14th June 2011 - 22:46

1 Like