Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 17

Is Visconti stupid or something, just because he's Italian champion doesn't mean he can just go chucking his weight around, Glad he got put to 3rd, but i think he should be fined and chucked out of the Giro for that very dangerous shove, could have caused a crash, IDIOT  14

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nah, Renshaw for pointers, he can keep men out at all times and not just with his head

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

He'd said clearly that he'd targeted this stage, long day in the saddle when he did everything right, he was the strongest of the last three and I think just had a rush of blood to his head when Ulissi held his line (as he had every right to do I think).

I think, yes, if it had been Cav, he'd have suffered a harsher punishment, bet he enjoyed watching it back home.

Me, I'm glad I managed to keep 20 points for Visconti, although 20 would have been nicer...

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

Me, I'm glad I managed to keep 20 points for Visconti, although 20 would have been nicer...

Eh?  39

I'm glad cause i now get an extra 5 for Scarponi  4

Simon_MacMichael replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

Eh?  39

I'm glad cause i now get an extra 5 for Scarponi  4

Oops yeah, I meant I'm glad I keep 18 points - but come to think of it, I have Scarponi too, so I end up with 23 points instead of 20, so that's a situation full of win for me (if not Visconti)  1

rcs500 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good point Simon! Now I feel better about it. At first I was like, "yay, I picked the right guy!" Then, "what an idiot!"

I agree that he looked the strongest on the day. Maybe Cav can give him some tips for positioning himself for the next sprint so this doesn't happen.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think its only because he carries the Italian nation jersey that he wont get chucked off the tour, but if that had been anyone else, bye bye

Ok, he may not sprint much, but he had plenty of room, just wanted more

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeh he should have been disqualified, if that was Cav he would have been disqualified. He obvs doesnt sprint much, as people get boxed in all the time normally, but dont go pushing people. What would have happened if lastras had hit ulissi.

Latest Comments