Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thanks for all the advice, here is the finished product..

Thanks to all of you who answered my questions on Campag and Colnago and 11speed etc

Here is my completed Mid life Crisis bike

1980's Colnago Master Pui, gylco tubing etc, bought of EBAY from Italy, sadly re-painted
Full 09 Campag Chorus Groupo 11s
Dedaccai carbon forks
ITM finishing kit
Campag Scirrocco wheels
comlete whorish bar tape but could not resist  26

It is a wierd mix of old retro steel cool and modern carbon filth,but I feel it works quite well

(and for those of you who came from STW ...yes I know my fence and decking need painting!!)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1301534379#/album.php?aid=48123&i...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

John_the_Monkey | 15 years ago
0 likes

You've done a super job on that - lovely looking bike.

Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

I wondered whether the bb was maybe Italian threaded so that it did up the other way or summat.

Re Annecy: that's just the sort of family holiday I'd like. Thanks!

TheHatter | 15 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Tony - I think the bottom bracket was probably just not done up tight enough and then worked its way loose when riding to the point where it rubbed on the crank. Still I'll give it another outing this afternoon just to be sure.

The Annecy pic is from last summer - I'd thoroughly recomend the place if you wanta family holiday with some great climbs. I will eventually put up all the other pictures of that holiday.

Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

Fantastic looking bike Hatter, nice view from the Chateau too  1

What was the problem with the bottom bracket?

TheHatter | 15 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to see it too and I dont do the Facebook thing.

I've just finished my similar build after picking up a 80's Colnago Master frame on ebay in the winter. I've built it on a credit crunch budget with a mix of xenon/mirage parts though there are some quality bits including the very nearly new wheels. I need to replace the bar tape when i can track down something suitable.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33973076@N06/3452630715/
//farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3452630715_314d0f883c.jpg)

I guess it came in at about the price of an entry level Boardman and whilst it may not be as quick or light a Boardman could never make me smile like this does.

Also isn't it great to build it yourself? Though I have to admit my debut ride last week ended with a lift home in the car after my bottom bracket worked itself loose  14

pandeiro replied to TheHatter | 14 years ago
0 likes

Now that is a beautiful bike, you got lucky with the frame, being in such good condition, I love this look. I couldn't resist just cruising round town on this. B)

Mr Sock | 15 years ago
0 likes

Sounds intriguing, but I'm not on Facebook and I have a strong aversion to social networking websites… so can you post a pic on here? … Oh, go on

Latest Comments