Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

mark of respect

our small cycling family lost a brother today and as a mark of respect stage 4 points should be suspended within our fantasy game whilst the reality of this tragerdy sinks in.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

fungus the muff... | 12 years ago
0 likes

Such a sad sad loss of a young life which had so much to look forward too. It makes you think just how vulnerable we are as cyclists.
RIP Wouter

81bambi | 12 years ago
0 likes

Leopard Trek have tweeted
"The team will ride today to commemorate our team-mate Wouter. Thank you for all your messages and support"

Argy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sad day for our great sport.  2 RIP Wouter Weylendt - our thoughts are with your widow, family, loved ones and future child.

Opismath | 12 years ago
0 likes

Such a Sad loss, I believe that he was to become a father in a few months, my thoughts are with his widow and the rest of his family .

Gkam84 replied to Opismath | 12 years ago
0 likes
Opismath wrote:

Such a Sad loss, I believe that he was to become a father in a few months, my thoughts are with his widow and the rest of his family .

Yeah his girlfriend is due to give birth in September

From what i've seen online, it looks like Leopard with race tomorrow, but the stage will not count towards the overall and team Leopard-Trek will be allowed to cross the finish line at the front

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

So sad , and even more poignant in that he won stage 3 last year.
I think they will ride a neutralised stage

almac68 replied to thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

i hope Leopard Trek ride tomorrow to pay tribute to Wouter Weylendt. the outpouring of condolences on twitter have been immense, lump-in-the-throat reading from other riders/teams within the peloton and pro cycling world at large  2

Perhaps among the peloton can a rider console himself with such tragic news, no doubt Leopard Trek will make the right decision for all concerned.

Commuting home slowly this evening wearing my 2007 maglia rosa jersey, with a heavy heart and head bowed.

RIP Wouter Weylendt, thoughts and prayers to your family, friends and Leopard Trek Racing Team

Alan

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

We'll make that call tomorrow. Today's stage was, so far as we can see, properly contested and the scores will stand.

alexlnumber1 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hope and expect that they won't ride tomorrow, it will be a neutralised stage with leopard trek going over the line together in front of the peleton....

Gkam84 replied to alexlnumber1 | 12 years ago
0 likes
alexlnumber1 wrote:

I hope and expect that they won't ride tomorrow, it will be a neutralised stage with leopard trek going over the line together in front of the peleton....

If they do ride tomorrow, i very much doubt there will be a leopard trek rider in the race

I fully expect the whole team to be withdrawn

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes its a sad day, RIP Wouter

But unless the Giro dont ride tomorrow i dont see why we shouldn't have the fantasy running

Latest Comments