Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Where to watch the Giro??

Can anyone help me, I dont have Eurosport or Sky tv but am hoping the Giro is being shown somewhere on the web?
Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Gepin | 12 years ago
0 likes

steephill.tv for me... picture quality not great but its free

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

@charlie bravo yes it does work with a Mac - last year for some reason I found that the HD version worked better than the standard one.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

It might do. It does say UNIX rather than Linux, and Mac OS is just prettied-up UNIX.

I don't know what to say about Wouter. So tragic  2

charlie bravo | 12 years ago
0 likes

does it work with apple?

RIP to WW too, such a tragic event - may he always ride with the wind at his back

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Actually, there's an FOS version of Silverlight for UNIX systems - 'Moonlight', but if possible it seems to be even worse than the Windows version. It claims to be 'loading' when I can see through the system monitor that there's no activity on the internet connection, takes up huge amounts of resources, and rarely if ever achieves anything other than making my laptop rather warm.

Sorry, rantble over.

vinnn | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm a Eurosport Player subscriber and I can comfirm what Stewie says.
As a service it is greaqt but the Silverlight based interface & player is truly awful and only (sometimes barely) works on MS Windows.
I only put up with it because of the cycling coverage.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

£3.99 is a bargain but the Microsoft Silverlight-based player can be a bit crap. I've been catching what I can through the cyclingfans links, and Eurosport when I can get it to work.

mancsi | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes I would definately recommend it,full screen isnt the best but easily watchable also no buffering/slowness you also have access to full videos of stages from last year! Sad news today tho for Weylandt and his family x

charlie bravo | 12 years ago
0 likes

how good is the eurosport player footage? Is it worth the dosh over the free streams from cyclingfans.com and steephill.tv etc. Is it better quality footage on full screen viewing?

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Simon tweeted this in from his train to Milan airport…

"Gazzetta dello Sport site has live feed 0f last two hours or so, Italian commentary, no geog restrictions AFAIK"

mancsi | 12 years ago
0 likes

cheers for the info! joined up for 3.99 unbelievable bargain!  4

Aknights | 12 years ago
0 likes

Steephill.tv is where I watched it yesterday. Just google steephill tv giro and there will be a page or something!

jorysmith | 12 years ago
0 likes
othello | 12 years ago
0 likes

You can pay £3.99 for a months access to the Eurosport web player and watch it on that?

Jif | 12 years ago
0 likes

myp2p.eu is usually pretty good for links to streams of live sport, including cycling.

Latest Comments