Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

help wood be good

Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO Mark CAVENDISH Jérôme PINEAL Thomas LÖVKVIST Marco PINOTTI Philip DEIGNAN Russell DOWNING Ben HERMANS Bram TANKINK this is my team for the TTT is this good as im new to biking so help wood be nice to get me rolling thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

JC | 12 years ago
0 likes

Against all my principles and better judgement I've gone for Contador. He just better win!
I think I have picked a classic 'purists' line up - not planning to change anyone.
Road CC what is the purist prize for the Giro?

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nibali for me, thats who i have gone for

Gregoire500 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm too obstinate to put Contador in my team so am going for Menchov instead.

Does this make me a totally unrealistic fool?

italiafirenze replied to Gregoire500 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I didn't want to put in Contador either, but it's hard to look past him for the GC isn't it.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

. . . and do you want good individual time triallists if the rest of their team are sprinters? Surely you need a good all round team . . . Katusha did well last year

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Don't make the same mistake as me and take Pettachi - he's italian and unlikely to be up for the giro  44 . . . and could not beat Cav in the tdf  44 . . .

Sexy dex | 12 years ago
0 likes

ok so we lose cav but how wood you get in his plas

0 likes

yeh, that may be cav's plan but if he wins all the so called flat stages and has enough points, surely he will stay till the end if he has a chance of winning the points classification?

yeh looked at the stage profiles and the 3rd one supposedly flat looks hillier than one that has moderate hills

Simon_MacMichael replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

yeh, that may be cav's plan but if he wins all the so called flat stages and has enough points, surely he will stay till the end if he has a chance of winning the points classification?

Afraid not. Unlike the Tour de France, the Giro doesn't now weigh the points classification in favour of the sprinters by allocating more points to flat stages.

So even if Cav were leading the classification when the race reaches Ravenna, he'd have pretty much zero chance of wearing it all the way to Milan.

Sprinters have won it in the past of course - Cipollini springs to mind - but changes introduced in 2009, as well as the current focus of the race on mountain and medium mountain stages, means its's almost certain to be an all rounder who can climb a bit too, and probably someone high up on GC.

That's illustrated by the fact that the last two winners are Denis Menchov and Cadel Evans.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've read that Cav's racing up to Stage 12 into Ravenna before heading off (the race is really no place for sprinters after that). Officially, five of the stages up till then are 'flat' but a look at the profiles suggests that bunch finishes are certainly not guaranteed in Stages 3 and 6.

0 likes

cav should be good for the first couple of stages as i have him, then gonna take him out

Sexy dex | 12 years ago
0 likes

ye but cav will be good for the next racers

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

The other thing to remember is that you've only got two transfers per stage so you may need to also pick your team with an eye to what's coming up and who you are going to want to move out and who you'll want to replace them.

0 likes

Millar might be a good bet though

0 likes

no, you're right don't think he is - saving himself for later

waxenjackson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not sure Cancellara is racing in the Giro. He's not listed at the moment. Are we expecting him to confirm nearer the time?

0 likes

I'd be tempted to drop Cav, get a cheap sprinter and use the money saved to get an all-rounder who's also a good time trialler… Fabian Cancellara springs to mind

James Warrener | 12 years ago
0 likes

looks ok to me

Latest Comments