Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Liege to Liege

It must be so soul destroying to cycle so far and so fast, only to find yourself back where you started.
Anyway, should I give in to common sense and bring in Rodriguez and Gilbert to my squad for LBL? :0)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm happy today, got a one, two, three  1

Just waiting to see if it was Vanendert that came home in the top 20, if not i still get the 5 points for him  1

Also, LBL runs a climb points, are there any bonus points for that?

Edit : Vanendert 17th  1 and a surprise, Pineau made it home in 20th, every point helps  1

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

final roster changes have now been made...

the fluoxetine kid | 12 years ago
0 likes

cycling news team list freire rides vaugrenard doesnt
road cc team list vaugrenard rides freire doesnt
who to believe?

Stefan | 12 years ago
0 likes

sigh of relief  10

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The updated rider list has him there now

dave atkinson replied to Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Timbo13 wrote:

The updated rider list has him there now

smiley face

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The letour rider list only has 6 confirmed riders plus two reserves listed, so there's hope yet

Stefan | 12 years ago
0 likes

with regards to the JRod riding thing - on *his* calendar its got him down as riding, as well as on cyclefever.but not on letour idk though, they are all provisional lists after all.

0 likes

there's some confusion over J-Rod: he's not on the official start list but he definitely said he was riding, and we haven't heard otherwise...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would get Gilbert in for sure, i think Rodriguez is going to die a death and be lucky to get top 15

I do the same Simon, take a nice slow enjoyable country ride and then sprint down the hill coming back into my village at speeds that have been clocked by police at 52mph, Just incase anyone sees me and thinks i'm fitting than i really am, lol

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

"It must be so soul destroying to cycle so far and so fast, only to find yourself back where you started."

Heh, that's every bike ride I ever do (albeit shorter distance and slower speed)  1

But I always try to put in a quick last km or two (a) to get the last couple of bits where the road kicks up over with and (b) in case anyone I know sees me go by, don't want to look like I'm flagging  3

Which gives me an idea. Any pro seriously wanting to win LBL should make their home in Liege. Home comforts the night before the race, added incentive to get home as soon as possible afterwards  39

The next chapter of my stating-the-bleedin'-obvious coaching manual will be advising Lombardy-based Italian pros who can ride 260km and still keep something back for a sprint to buy a holiday home on the Riviera, just by the French border...

0 likes

The bookies certainly think so  39

Latest Comments