Liege to Liege

by JAndrewHill   April 21, 2011  

It must be so soul destroying to cycle so far and so fast, only to find yourself back where you started.
Anyway, should I give in to common sense and bring in Rodriguez and Gilbert to my squad for LBL? :0)
Wink

12 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

The bookies certainly think so Thinking

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7485 posts]
21st April 2011 - 21:54

0 Likes

"It must be so soul destroying to cycle so far and so fast, only to find yourself back where you started."

Heh, that's every bike ride I ever do (albeit shorter distance and slower speed) Smile

But I always try to put in a quick last km or two (a) to get the last couple of bits where the road kicks up over with and (b) in case anyone I know sees me go by, don't want to look like I'm flagging Wink

Which gives me an idea. Any pro seriously wanting to win LBL should make their home in Liege. Home comforts the night before the race, added incentive to get home as soon as possible afterwards Thinking

The next chapter of my stating-the-bleedin'-obvious coaching manual will be advising Lombardy-based Italian pros who can ride 260km and still keep something back for a sprint to buy a holiday home on the Riviera, just by the French border...

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8440 posts]
21st April 2011 - 22:26

0 Likes

I would get Gilbert in for sure, i think Rodriguez is going to die a death and be lucky to get top 15

I do the same Simon, take a nice slow enjoyable country ride and then sprint down the hill coming back into my village at speeds that have been clocked by police at 52mph, Just incase anyone sees me and thinks i'm fitting than i really am, lol

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9021 posts]
22nd April 2011 - 0:20

0 Likes

there's some confusion over J-Rod: he's not on the official start list but he definitely said he was riding, and we haven't heard otherwise...

Dave Atkinson's picture

22nd April 2011 - 7:19

0 Likes

with regards to the JRod riding thing - on *his* calendar its got him down as riding, as well as on cyclefever.but not on letour idk though, they are all provisional lists after all.

posted by Stefan [58 posts]
22nd April 2011 - 8:14

0 Likes

The letour rider list only has 6 confirmed riders plus two reserves listed, so there's hope yet

Timbo13's picture

posted by Timbo13 [272 posts]
22nd April 2011 - 8:18

0 Likes

The updated rider list has him there now

Timbo13's picture

posted by Timbo13 [272 posts]
22nd April 2011 - 16:54

0 Likes

Timbo13 wrote:
The updated rider list has him there now

smiley face

Dave Atkinson's picture

22nd April 2011 - 17:28

0 Likes

sigh of relief Tongue

posted by Stefan [58 posts]
23rd April 2011 - 17:09

0 Likes

cycling news team list freire rides vaugrenard doesnt
road cc team list vaugrenard rides freire doesnt
who to believe?

posted by the fluoxetine kid [31 posts]
23rd April 2011 - 20:32

0 Likes

final roster changes have now been made...

Dave Atkinson's picture

23rd April 2011 - 21:19

0 Likes

I'm happy today, got a one, two, three Smile

Just waiting to see if it was Vanendert that came home in the top 20, if not i still get the 5 points for him Smile

Also, LBL runs a climb points, are there any bonus points for that?

Edit : Vanendert 17th Smile and a surprise, Pineau made it home in 20th, every point helps Smile

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9021 posts]
24th April 2011 - 14:55

0 Likes