Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dolan & Canyon

Hi

Dolan Road Bikes & Canyon Road Bikes, any good? like the look of

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/road-bikes/complete-bikes-road-bikes/dolan-ar...

and

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2117

Seem, relatively, reasonable.

Thanks for any feedback.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

silvercyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Hi. I have a Dolan Ares with SRAM Red gruppo and SRAM S30 wheels. The bike is reasonably light, very stiff (but not uncomfortably so) and super responsive. I'm delighted with it. I really don't think you would go far wrong with an Ares. The same bike is being ridden by Sean Kelly An-Post team this year.

If you can get up to Terry's warehouse, you'll find him (and his son) very helpful re sizing, componentry etc.

Hope this helps.

Dog72 replied to silvercyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Silver. I think I will give them a call. Bit of trek from Cambridge but worth it.

Dog72 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for feedback Cat 1. Its what I was getting from both. You get good components and what appear to be quality frames as well. I like Dolan because of Uk connection. The Canyons its more for the looks and Kit. Just a bit nervous at spending that amount of money without a fitting.

See your from Cambrige do you ride with the club?
I joined this year and have been on a few Club runs and also have been left in the wake of the chaingang on 2 occasions.This I fear will be a reoccuring thing, with me being chuffed if I can stave off the drop a few metres more each week.

cat1commuter replied to Dog72 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Dog72 wrote:

See your from Cambrige do you ride with the club?
I joined this year and have been on a few Club runs and also have been left in the wake of the chaingang on 2 occasions.This I fear will be a reoccuring thing, with me being chuffed if I can stave off the drop a few metres more each week.

No, I'm not in the club. I do 8000 km of commuting a year and the "cat1" is ironic, since I've never raced. I have contemplated going out with the Club, and probably will at some point since spending regular hours in a chaingang should help me towards my ambition of becoming a gnarly old cyclist.

Simon E | 13 years ago
0 likes

There are no duff bikes these days, each price band is very competitive.

Buy the bike that you like, one that:

1. fits you and feels good to ride
2. you like the appearance and colourscheme
3. meets your budget... or at least doesn't blow it completely

If you are the one paying for and riding it then don't take anyone else's word for it.

Dog72 replied to Simon E | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks.

cat1commuter | 13 years ago
0 likes

Both respected makes.

Dolan bikes have been ridden by a lot of British cycling talent over the years, so have a certain cachet amongst racers.

Canyon are a German internet only retailer with a reputation for high quality and reasonable prices, and a racing pedigree via the Belgian Lotto team.

Latest Comments