Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fleche Wallonne

Can we really pick our teams for the FW the day after the race? Or do you know something the UCI and Eurosport don't? Please could you confirm when on (presumably) Wednesday the transfer deadline actually is.

Cheers,
Simon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

28 comments

WolfieSmith | 12 years ago
0 likes

Forgot to make any transfers today. Couldn't catch up on the race as Eurosport once again wants to carry on with Tennis/Tiddly Winks or in this case two blokes in waistcoats stood around a table. But what do I find? Leaving my team as it was gained me another 44 points anyway. : )

Reminds me of the time last summer I missed 4 days of Fantasy Cycle action to go and actually ride the Tourmalet myself to come back and find my team doing just dandy without my anxious tweaking.

To compound my guilt I'm in the top 20% even though I didn't realise there were 2 rider called S.Chavanel until last week...

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

My stage-by-stage points, in order:

64, 50, 47, 38, 24, 21

At least my trajectory is consistent  4

I’m a bit worried though that according to my current projections, at some point in the first week of the Giro I’ll get negative points, and dip increasingly into the red as the season goes on…  39

The Instigator | 13 years ago
0 likes

wow pablo's peddlers did an outstanding job
over 100 points this race compliments mate

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
0 likes

http://www.letour.fr/2011/FWH/LIVE/us/100/classement/index.html

Vino was 4th. Eurosport called Andy Schleck as 4th at the end of the race (it was wrong on our race report too for a while) but in fact he rolled in well down the field.

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

http://www.letour.fr/2011/FWH/LIVE/us/100/classement/index.html

Vino was 4th. Eurosport called Andy Schleck as 4th at the end of the race (it was wrong on our race report too for a while) but in fact he rolled in well down the field.

Bummer, thats the only site i'm seeing listed like that  2

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Bummer, thats the only site i'm seeing listed like that  2

they're the race organisers though, so that's the one that counts. Watch the vid: vino is clearly fourth.

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Have to laugh tho, just checked eurosport, still listing Andy as fourth, but if you watch the video, they call Vino as fourth

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

I dont know if you have finished with your points, but i'm getting 0 points for Andy Schleck and he finished 4th  17

Looking at others, Vinokourov seems to be getting 17 even though he wasn't in the top 10

1. Philippe Gilbert
2. Joaquim Rodriguez
3. Samuel Sanchez
4. Andy Schleck
5. Igor Anton
6. Jelle Vanendert
7. Frank Schleck
8. Daniel Moreno Fernandez
9 Christophe Le Mevel
10 Paul Martens

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Boost, could be a decent scorer this time round, now on to the weekend, its not so bad because its mostly the same riders, so i should be able to field a 9 strong team

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Right, quick question, Had a few riders up in the top 10 this time, very happy with my picks because i only had 6 riders today

I had Vanendert, so does that mean, i get his points plus 5 because Gilbert won?

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Right, quick question, Had a few riders up in the top 10 this time, very happy with my picks because i only had 6 riders today

I had Vanendert, so does that mean, i get his points plus 5 because Gilbert won?

yup  1

TheBigMong | 13 years ago
0 likes

Transfer window is still open, even though the race is over!  13

dave atkinson replied to TheBigMong | 13 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:

Transfer window is still open, even though the race is over!  13

says it is, but actually it's not. sorry.

0 likes

we will continue to do the start lists and they'll mostly be correct. if you want to back that up with some research of your own, that's definitely an advantage.

bear in mind that this is only really an issue for the one-day races, once we get to the Giro the roster won't change appreciably from day to day.

thefatcyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Kroon is not listed in BMCs team for the FW. Wasted points and a transfer,.grr come on guys.Your doing a great job, but the guy is injured I now find.

dave atkinson replied to thefatcyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Kroon is not listed in BMCs team for the FW. Wasted points and a transfer,.grr come on guys.Your doing a great job, but the guy is injured I now find.

sorry, but the start list isn't ever going to be 100% correct. we'll do our best...

LabMonkey replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

sorry, but the start list isn't ever going to be 100% correct. we'll do our best...

With people complaining about 'inaccuracies' in the road.cc designated start list... it makes sense to let everyone do there own research, rather than publishing a list that is liable to change at any point... that way each player is master of their own (teams) destiny. Plus, it will save Dave, Tony et al a lot of time... I am sure they are working hard enough as it is already!

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

6 riders for me, but only because i had Schleck and Gilbert from Amstel

sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes

I must say the limits on transfers are very challenging. I've only got 5 riders for tomorrow and I even had to waste a spot by swapping one non-runner for another non-runner just to free up the funds.

Not a complaint - I just hope we're all in a similar boat.

Cycledec replied to sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes

yup, 5 for me, must be the limit for thid one. Thought about keeping some back for the next race to see if they carried over, but bottled it!

dave atkinson replied to sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

I must say the limits on transfers are very challenging. I've only got 5 riders for tomorrow and I even had to waste a spot by swapping one non-runner for another non-runner just to free up the funds.

Not a complaint - I just hope we're all in a similar boat.

nope, i gots me nine competing riders. i paid for it last week though with a genuinely rubbish 4pts, so it's swings and roundabouts  22

punkture | 13 years ago
0 likes

EDIT: it just did, thanks

punkture | 13 years ago
0 likes

sweet  4 so will that change to reflect...?

0 likes

possibly because he wasn't riding, but now he is?

punkture | 13 years ago
0 likes

er how come Sebastien Minard is on the official start list for Fleche wallone but hes greyed out on my team?

0 likes

that would be an unusual move, yes  1

10am on weds for your FW transfers

KateAllen replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Transfer deadline still listed as Thursday at 10 on my home page  2
Good job my daughter checked....

Latest Comments