Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cheltenham/Cotswolds, etc

Heh all,

I shall be staying in Cheltenham for a few days at the end of the month and am planning on taking the bike with me.

I plan on getting out and about around The Cotswolds but don't really no where I'm going as such ..

I'm looking for about a 50-60 mile ride that takes in the best and moss picturesque villages, etc without necessarily being too punishing.

Does anyone know the area well enough to suggest a decent ride??

Many thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

phax71 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Cheers..

Nah, the weekend after.. Was looking at heading down to Burford, then Leachade, Cirencester and back to Cheltenham but would obviously like to take the most scenic route - best villages, etc ...

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

if you're there easter monday it's the costwold spring classic, which is great fun. heads out from cirencester.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

You could go out east to the 'wolds - do cleeve hill and winchcombe early on then wander through stow and burford and come back via cowley.

also good riding heading west: hop over the m5 to do upleadon and newent before diving down to the forest of dean and a thrash along the a48 into gloucester to finish...

Latest Comments