Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Players riding then not riding?

Ok, so today i made transfers based on looking through lots of stats and so on apart from two riders Pablo LASTRAS GARCIA and Martin MORTENSEN, Mortensen just cause Cancallara might win and i'll get another 5 points

But Garcia just to fill the team with riders who were riding the PR, but now i find Garcia not riding, but i cant find anywhere that he was going to be riding now i've been looking, so was that a mislisted rider?

If so can i get my transfer back?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

kamatt22 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Same here...I had Van Summeren in but he was greyed out so I transferred another rider in  2

divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well I wish I'd neglected to check my team last night as Van Summeren was greyed out...... so I transferred Hammond in.

..... whereas last week I checked on friday and all my team were riding but in the end only four of my team rode the Tour of Flanders.

Ah well......

Gkam84 replied to divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes
divebabe31 wrote:

Well I wish I'd neglected to check my team last night as Van Summeren was greyed out...... so I transferred Hammond in.

..... whereas last week I checked on friday and all my team were riding but in the end only four of my team rode the Tour of Flanders.

Ah well......

Unlucky

I now hold a grudge against Rabobank, its was one of their riders went down and took 3 of my riders out, Thomas, Hondo and Boonen, lol

lushmiester replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
divebabe31 wrote:

Ah well......

Unlucky

I now hold a grudge against Rabobank, its was one of their riders went down and took 3 of my riders out, Thomas, Hondo and Boonen, lol

Same here transferred van Surmmeren as he was grayed out at some time after 01:00 this morning and Tomas VAITKUS in grr, but now feel much better as Rabobank only did two of my riders. Could have been worse thought about picking Cav but stuck with gut and went for Baden Cook at least he finished (22) and bless little lars Ytting Bak he saved my day.  1 on to the Amstel Gold  39 . Keep up the good work Dave am having great fun.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

tidy. nothing like a bit of adventure biking of a weekend  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well with the lovely weather we've been having up here in NE Scotland i'm not planning on being in all weekend, borrowing a proper lightweight bike from a mate because Evans still working out a fix for my bike and if the good weather holds out i'm off for a jaunt with a tent overnight

So kinda had to get it done outta the way today

0 likes

Of course there's an element of lovely human error built in too: those riders going in and out is people checking and unchecking boxes. we're not infallible  1

I don't think you're missing anything, except maybe that it's best to leave the transfers as long as possible  3

My fingers get itchy too though. they're always done by friday...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

No worries Dave, it wasn't a dig at the way your doing things, i think its a great opportunity as i've never seen a fantasy cycling league before

I just wondered if i was missing something because i couldn't see him listed anywhere else

Thanks for replying so fast though

0 likes

Given that we can't personally bend the ear of every directuer sportif we're subject to the same constraints that everyone else is, and some of the team information is patchy and gets changed. Riders are in, then they're out. The closer we get to Sunday, the more correct it'll be. So far as I can see our options are:

1) do what we're doing now
2) only publish rosters when we're sure they're correct (the morning of the race)
3) don't publish them at all and let everyone find out for themselves

Of the three, i think 1) is the best option

Latest Comments