Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Other Fantasy Cycling games

if anyone is interesed i can give a hole list of other cycling games
in holland there are lots of games al verry diffrent rules
some you just make a team for a whole year and other you get to pick a whole new team every race

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

30 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

Im not sure on cycling fever. All intended to try it more engaged this year, but never really got round to it. Work commitments and doing background for this game sort of meant it got pushed aside, but will possible try and do the Giro

1wrangler | 7 years ago
1 like

Anybody know if it's possible to create mini-leagues in FSA? And if so, how?

TERatcliffe26 replied to 1wrangler | 7 years ago
2 likes

1wrangler wrote:

Anybody know if it's possible to create mini-leagues in FSA? And if so, how?

Don't think so, you just have to follow those who what to compete against

1wrangler | 7 years ago
1 like

I've been playing that PCS game for the last couple months too. Agree with TER that it's much less engaging. Just picking 5 guys for top-10 finishing spots is not very dynamic. Also they do almost every race, so if you're going for overall, you have to play every single race, which is a lot.

I really like the CyclingFever game though. Pick 12 guys each day in the stage comp, and in the main comp you pick 65 riders for the year, and then pick riders for each race from that group you picked in February. Points scored just for stage finish positions. They also have separate comps for Spring Classics, GT's etc.

0 likes

So you can give someone 3 stars and 4 others 1 for example. so 10 points for first, means if he has 3 stars he gets 30. Then 2nd 9, 3rd 8 and so on. The other riders that you pick in the top 10 apart from your leading pick also get 10 bonus points.

The only way to get 100 points is to put 3 stars on 1st place and have 2,3,4,5. If you put 2 stars on 1st and 2 on 2nd instead, you could only score 99 points.

Aragonite replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So you can give someone 3 stars and 4 others 1 for example. so 10 points for first, means if he has 3 stars he gets 30. Then 2nd 9, 3rd 8 and so on. The other riders that you pick in the top 10 apart from your leading pick also get 10 bonus points.

The only way to get 100 points is to put 3 stars on 1st place and have 2,3,4,5. If you put 2 stars on 1st and 2 on 2nd instead, you could only score 99 points.

I've been messing about with this for the last week or so, with a view to trying it next year. Not too sure I have the time it needs/deserves, as it covers so many races. Undecided whether or not to give it a go. Managed to score a big fat zero in today's stage in the Vuelta Pais Vasco, so not feeling very positive about it, at the moment!

0 likes

Not as engaging, its purely who wins (Well you effectively try and pick who you think will finish the stage 1st to 5th, and same with gc), so no thought about mountains points etc.

Also as its the majority of races it can become slightly tiresome 

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Not as engaging...

Bummer... How do the 'stars'figure in the game? I read something about allocating 7 stars between your 5 picks?... Thanks, TER!  1

1 like

Yh ive been playing it all year

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Yh ive been playing it all year

How do you like it? ...

enrique | 7 years ago
0 likes

I guess it was bound to happen...  I think Gkam had mentioned ages ago that they refused to partner with us, so...  PCS finally has a game up and running...  Has anybody played it?...

CyclingFantasy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hello everybody!

I speak as a representative of www.cyclingFantasy.net

We are a new online cycling manager which is totally free and will thrill you and make you live each race of the professional cycling calendar as you’ve never done before.

We have developed a manager for cycling enthusiasts as you, so you can compete with each other and see who is the best team manager.

If you want to access to it, you just have to register in cyclingFantasy

--- We wish you could share your opinion about CyclingFantasy. All constructive criticism will be well received .---

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can't help myself!  1 I just joined the Road Cycing UK fantasy game and created a league for Roadcc users. The league is called 'Roadcc Forum League' and the password to join it is 'roadcc'. All are welcome!

You can join at http://fantasycycling.roadcyclinguk.com/default.aspx

Oh, they have 24 transfers for the whole Tour!  20

Al__S | 8 years ago
1 like

There's the very simple "Velominati Super Prestige"- no points values, minimal transfers, just pick the top five. in order. Before stage 1.

enrique replied to Al__S | 8 years ago
0 likes
Al__S wrote:

There's the very simple "Velominati Super Prestige"- ... just pick the top five... Before stage 1.

I went to the site, but where do you submit your team?...  39

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

There's another one I just joined (http://www.cyclingbattle.com/indexmem.php) by the folks that run cyclingarchives.com.

enrique replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

There's another one I just joined (http://www.cyclingbattle.com/indexmem.php) by the folks that run cyclingarchives.com.

I have to say, since, if I'm reading it right, there's only 223 teams registered for this game, I'm currently 11th. What a joy!  1

Let's not talk about MyUCI team, Scorito, Roadcc or Tropela, though...  45

They're all so different!

Like I said before, MyUCIteam is about overall times, by stage, and for the race. You just add up the overall times for your 7 riders and get ranked every stage and for the overall. The 'sad' thing is you have 5 'fixed' riders and you can only switch out 2 of your 7 every day... If I'm counting correctly, I think MyUCIteam has only 132 players participating in their Giro game...

With Scorito, you choose an 18 -20 rider team and you choose 9 every day from your 'preselection' to ride every day. I think Scorito is saying that 10,734 people are playing their game.

Both Tropela and CyclingBATTLE let you choose a massive team of riders for the whole competition with no transfers. They differ wildly in the points awarded, though...

Tropela says they have 13,305 players playing the Giro. And, get this, being based in the Basque country, they award points for the 'Best Basque Rider' every stage!  36

backflipbedlem replied to enrique | 8 years ago
1 like
enrique wrote:

And, get this, being based in the Basque country, they award points for the 'Best Basque Rider' every stage!  36

hmm I wonder who that could be?  39

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
1 like

Has anyone made a road.cc velogames league?
Just made a giro team

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

The overall time based game at http://www.myuciteam.com.ar/index.php allows teams to be made up of groups of game participants. You just sign up on their forum as a team. If anybody wants to join, let me know! We can make the 'Foro de Roadcc'team!

Here's a link for those who might want to try to read about it in spanish:

http://www.myuciteam.com.ar/ver_foro.php?id_foro=2043

That is a forum thread by a guy who formed a team for the Giro with 5 other 'myuciteam' Forum members and his new team is called 'Parlamento Rosa'... He recuited his team mebers from their forum. I guess we could do the same thing here...

Or we could challenge them to play our game against our Forum Scorum League members...  39 This could be interesting...  1 I just might throw out a challenge!  4 dave, we might need instructions in spanish soon!  1

enrique replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

The overall time based game at http://www.myuciteam.com.ar/index.php ...

This game, so far, is quite intriguing... Like I said before, it's based on overall times, not points, and though I'm doing pretty crappy, it's fun!  1 Not Roadcc fun,  4 , but definitley a simple little game that's quite entertaining...  41

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Im doing the scorito one, can you do a league?

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im doing the scorito one, can you do a league?

Yep! It's done!  1 Just go to http://www.scorito.com/search/index?selectedmarket=37 and type in 'road' and you can join 'The Roadcc Forum League'!  1 All are welcome!  1

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

They're popping up everywhere! Here's a couple that I've seen or joined lately. Haven't ever played them before, so I can't vouch for them, but, I have to admit I feel like I'm cheating on my wife when I visit another site... It makes me realize what this site means to me, though, and I have to admit that although the love isn't always corresponded, this place's forum and its members, and their unique personalities, are a huge draw!  1 A huge hug to all. I feel like we should have a Giro kickoff party or something!  1 I love you all, yes, steve... I love you, too... and G, and yeah, I love you, TER, and yes, dave, you too  1 I'm in a happy mood today!  1

Anyways, here they are:

http://www.scorito.com/search/index?selectedmarket=37

I think the one above is Italian...

https://tropela.eus/en/

I think Tropela (above) is a production from the Basque country. The nice thing about this one is it has no (!) budget, but, of course, there are other restrictions! No transfers in this game, you just choose one huge squad!  1  1  45  40 You can switch to an English language page, but don't expect perfect English! Still, pretty nice for a free game and a little distraction...

The next one:

http://www.myuciteam.com.ar/index.php

is completely in Spanish but should be fun for those who like playing Purist and (or) miss the transfer system we had last year. It's a very simple little game.

For stage races:
- you choose 7 cyclists
- one of them must be less than 25 years old
- cyclists 1-4 and your YR, No. 7, remain the same for the whole competition
- you can change cyclists 5 and 6 daily to suit the stage.
- the competition is based on adding the overall times of all your riders for the race, if I read it right...  39

It seems like fun! Anyways, all for fun! Enjoy!  1

PS If you need help with the Spanish game, let me know! I'm new at it, but I'll gladly translate any pages or instructions for you.

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bumpage

Raleigh | 10 years ago
1 like

If anyone wants my ProFSL team they can have it.

I find it boring but it'd be thrilling to a stat buster or sim.

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oops!  2 Mispost! Was half asleep and looking for any comments on the NBC game and meant to post on the 'Price Inflation' thread. My mistake!  1

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've never played Velogames (http://www.velogames.com/) but just looking at their rules and how to play I kind of liked that they give out breakaway points for the Classics at what they call "famous locations where each race is usually decided".

The other thing I liked was that they put all of these 11 races together for their Spring Classics Competition:

Milan - San Remo
Dwars door Vlaanderen
E3 Prijs Vlaanderen
Gent-Wevelgem
Ronde van Vlaanderen
Scheldeprijs
Paris - Roubaix
De Brabantse Pijl
Amstel Gold Race
La Fleche Wallonne
Liege - Bastogne - Liege

antomeno | 12 years ago
0 likes

For sure, I think taht many of us are interested...

manolo | 12 years ago
1 like

Are any of these sites in English or Spanish?

Latest Comments