Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Recommended wheels builder

Can anyone recommend a good wheel builder, preferably in the London area. I want someone who can do unusual spoking, not just your standard 3X.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Pierre | 14 years ago
0 likes

Have a word with Pete at Rat Race Cycles.

: P

davidcrhunt | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'm a wheelbuilder based in Southampton. My site is still in its infancy but I have a lot of ideas. I've got an order for some good race wheels that might interest:
Campag record hubs
Sapim CX-Ray aero-spokes
Mavic CXP33 rims

The pair weigh a whisker over 1.5kg.

They would be lighter still if I used some ambrosio tubs, (under the 1.5kg mark). A big advantage with them is that they are 32 spokes/wheel making them easy to true and helps to keep them stiff. The CXP33 is a high performing deep section rim too which will improve aero-dynamics and stiffness. The CX-Ray spokes are the best money can buy.

The pair have not been fully costed but probably something in the region of £400 which makes them very competitively priced.

I also have some Rigida Chrina rims built onto some Miche Racing box hubs, they are only £165pr if you want something more economical. They come in at 2.1kg and are also 32 spokes/wheel - sapim race double butted spokes this time.

www.dcrwheels.co.uk

Barry Fry-up | 15 years ago
0 likes

classy.

purplecup | 15 years ago
0 likes

I like this explosion-in-a-coat-hanger-factory twisted spoke mash-up...

TRs Blurb n Blog | 15 years ago
0 likes

What different spoke lacing patterns can we come up with? I like this one.

TRs Blurb n Blog | 15 years ago
0 likes

Splendid, they are just round the corner from where I live.

cactuscat | 15 years ago
0 likes

those chaps at Tour de Ville will build you a nice looking wheel. They've got one on their blog that they call a 'radial crow's foot', looks interesting...

http://tourdevillelondon.blogspot.com/

Latest Comments