Contents Insurance

by MattFr   March 25, 2011  

I'm currently looking for a new home insurance provider, who will cover my bikes under the contents. Maybe I'm having a bit of wishful thinking here but ideally it would cover them while I was racing too. Any suggestions? Thanks

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Co-operative Insurance cover bikes (and replaced my Gary Fisher when it was stolen from the back garden). I don't know about cover away from home or when racing.

Conscientious Objector in the War on Vulnerable Road Users

t1mmyb's picture

posted by t1mmyb [87 posts]
25th March 2011 - 13:57


Try M&S, they were very good about covering my bikes in and away from home at no extra cost (no need to as they cover any un-named items up to £4000). Dunno about racing though but you could ask.

posted by Dr_Death [32 posts]
25th March 2011 - 14:14


Nationwide covered my bikes up to £2k a pop without any extra premium. And they paid up when i had two nicked out of the shed. technically they're covered when i'm out and about (so long as they're locked) but i've not had cause to test that...

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7836 posts]
25th March 2011 - 15:40


GreenBee (John Lewis insurance), covers personal possession single items up to 5k , for loss or damage, anywhere in the world. This includes bikes.

Obviously speak to someone to check but this is what I've got.

Hope this helps, Mark.

posted by GreenMark [104 posts]
25th March 2011 - 15:43