Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

On bike nutrition

It's been a while since I needed to buy energy bars... My 6 mile commute doesn't really stress me.  3

But, I'm doing the Cheshire Cat this weekend and will need all the dietary help I can muster. What bars / gels / jelly babies etc. are worth carrying?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

DaveP if you have a big Tesco local they should have special 3 packs of Summer Pudding Mule Bars slightly smaller than the standard bar, normally with the rest of the cereal bars.

mancsi | 13 years ago
0 likes

What would you advise to a type 1 diabetic? Slow releasing carbs? Jacket potato and brown rice? ha any ideas?

Simon_MacMichael replied to mancsi | 13 years ago
0 likes
mancsi wrote:

What would you advise to a type 1 diabetic? Slow releasing carbs? Jacket potato and brown rice? ha any ideas?

It might be worth you having a look around the Team Type 1 website to see if there are any hints and tips there, or even emailing them for advice. If anyone knows about nutrition for cyclists who are diabetic, it will be them.

www.teamtype1.org/

Chimpage replied to mancsi | 13 years ago
0 likes
mancsi wrote:

in addition this site is also quite good for info..
http://www.runsweet.com/index.html

demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes

I have been using Mule bars for the last couple of months with no problems. Summer Pudding and Liquorice Allsorts being just 2 of what are some quirky flavours.

Gels you can't beat Powerbar in my opinion.

DaveP replied to demoff | 13 years ago
0 likes
demoff wrote:

I have been using Mule bars for the last couple of months with no problems. Summer Pudding and Liquorice Allsorts being just 2 of what are some quirky flavours.

Gels you can't beat Powerbar in my opinion.

Mule? New to me. Flavours sound fun. Powerbar should be Easy enough to get for the weekend.  1

Cheers.

therevokid | 13 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the zipvit stuff ...  1

DaveP | 13 years ago
0 likes

Zipvit... Didn't they have a banner ad on here?

Time to Google  26

FatCycleRider | 13 years ago
0 likes

Zipvit bars, gels and sweets are very good.

Latest Comments