Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cav wins ANOTHER stage

beating off competition from Robbie McEwan and Francesco Chicchi to win the second stage of the 3 days of De Panne in Bengium. This man is a machine!

Can anyone be confident of beating him in a sprint? The grand tours are going to be great for him this summer I think.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jon Burrage | 15 years ago
0 likes

and again, the final morning stage.

I agree that Haussler ran him close in San Remo but Cav pulled back such a chunk of distance and was going so much faster at the passing point that it makes me think he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Congrats to Bradley Wiggins too on the 14km tt to end the race.

hammergonewest | 15 years ago
0 likes

Haussler ran him close at Milan San Remo, but not close enough  1

miffed | 15 years ago
0 likes

What a legend Cav is, he won the morning stage today as well. In other news Bradley won the afternoon stage. Britain rules the road.

I cant believe how good Cav is, surely he is the BIG favourite for Gent Wellegrem (or however it is spelt).

When the sprint is set up, is there really anyone who can beet him?

DaSy | 15 years ago
0 likes

It's so good to have a Brit rider that can truly beat the very best there is in the world. He is not just better at some niche part of the sport, he is poised to be a British Sean Kelley, and is bound to be competing for points jerseys in the big tours.

It seems funny that at age 43 I hero worship a 23 year old, but he really is a very special cyclist. It's such a shame that the UK public knows so little of what a star we have in our midst. Look at how Boonen is worshipped in Belgium, Cav deserves a bit of that, but it'll never happen outside of the cycling fraternity in this country.

thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

"Machine" was just the word that popped into my head too, he is quite awesome.

The only rider who has given him a real run for his money is Tyler Farrar, in Tirreno Adriatico and hasn't he crashed since?

Latest Comments